Disc mower review

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
dt34715
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:55 pm

Disc mower review

Postby dt34715 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:53 pm

What are your thoughts on a Khun GMD 2850 TL?
0 x

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 22750
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Disc mower review

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:10 pm

Around here it’s Kuhn or Krone when it comes to cutters.
0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3671
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Yantis, Texas

Re: Disc mower review

Postby hurleyjd » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:25 pm

dt34715 wrote:What are your thoughts on a Khun GMD 2850 TL?


You are looking at a pretty good mower. Two years ago I bought a used GMD313TG and have relly like it. The only problem on the left side we tried it through a 14 foot wide gate and tore the cover and frame up now off of the mower. This year I turned to close into a fence on the right side and tore the cover and frame off over there. Mechanical it has been pretty good. If I keep going with it it will need a bought get $3000 dollars or more in parts for the cutter bar. Which are the blade carriers. Skid shoes and some spacers that go between each skid shoe.
0 x

User avatar
Silver
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 779
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 12:08 am
Location: BC

Re: Disc mower review

Postby Silver » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:04 am

Seems to me JD ran a Kuhn cutter bar. Maybe they still do?
0 x

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Re: Disc mower review

Postby jltrent » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:08 am

Silver wrote:Seems to me JD ran a Kuhn cutter bar. Maybe they still do?
A neighbor has a new Deere and it looks just like a Kuhn.
0 x

Logar
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:42 pm

Re: Disc mower review

Postby Logar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:42 pm

I have used a bunch of them over the years - all I have to say is this.........

When well maintained, well greased and oiled up properly with sharp knives - they all cut.

An amazing number of people do not do that and then complain when something goes wrong.

Whatever you have, look after it and it will look after you.

Cheers
5 x

User avatar
JW IN VA
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:30 pm
Location: West Central Highlands of Va

Re: Disc mower review

Postby JW IN VA » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:29 am

Logar wrote:I have used a bunch of them over the years - all I have to say is this.........

When well maintained, well greased and oiled up properly with sharp knives - they all cut.

An amazing number of people do not do that and then complain when something goes wrong.

Whatever you have, look after it and it will look after you.

Cheers

My late father always said the only way he had anything was taking care of what he had.
1 x
Not everything your neighbors do is wrong-Not everything they do is right,either.

User avatar
JW IN VA
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:30 pm
Location: West Central Highlands of Va

Re: Disc mower review

Postby JW IN VA » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:11 pm

Logar,

Whatever you have, look after it and it will look after you.[/quote]

You ought to use this as your signature line.
Good advice
1 x
Not everything your neighbors do is wrong-Not everything they do is right,either.

User avatar
sstterry
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 507
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN

Re: Disc mower review

Postby sstterry » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:29 pm

hurleyjd wrote:
dt34715 wrote:What are your thoughts on a Khun GMD 2850 TL?


You are looking at a pretty good mower. Two years ago I bought a used GMD313TG and have relly like it. The only problem on the left side we tried it through a 14 foot wide gate and tore the cover and frame up now off of the mower. This year I turned to close into a fence on the right side and tore the cover and frame off over there. Mechanical it has been pretty good. If I keep going with it it will need a bought get $3000 dollars or more in parts for the cutter bar. Which are the blade carriers. Skid shoes and some spacers that go between each skid shoe.

You drive a tractor like I do :oops:
0 x

hillbilly beef man
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: northeast TN

Re: Disc mower review

Postby hillbilly beef man » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:59 am

You might want to look at a Krone as well. No belts and it is the quietest mower I have ever ran.
0 x
There is no education in the second kick of a mule.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3671
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Yantis, Texas

Re: Disc mower review

Postby hurleyjd » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:26 am

Kubota makes a pretty good disc mower.
0 x

User avatar
Silver
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 779
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 12:08 am
Location: BC

Re: Disc mower review

Postby Silver » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:22 pm

I don't know if there is a bad one. Last two here were green, the new one is NH. I don't have anything bad to say about my experiences to this point.
0 x

User avatar
JW IN VA
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:30 pm
Location: West Central Highlands of Va

Re: Disc mower review

Postby JW IN VA » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:03 pm

hurleyjd wrote:Kubota makes a pretty good disc mower.

Are they Vicon or Kuhn?
0 x
Not everything your neighbors do is wrong-Not everything they do is right,either.

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Re: Disc mower review

Postby jltrent » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:06 pm

JW IN VA wrote:
hurleyjd wrote:Kubota makes a pretty good disc mower.

Are they Vicon or Kuhn?
Last edited by jltrent on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3671
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Yantis, Texas

Re: Disc mower review

Postby hurleyjd » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:50 pm

JW IN VA wrote:
hurleyjd wrote:Kubota makes a pretty good disc mower.

Are they Vicon or Kuhn?


Vicon
0 x


Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests