Hauling a batwing on a trailer

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Re: Hauling a batwing on a trailer

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:37 am

jkwilson wrote:UPDATE

I got one and got it home. Have put it to good use already.

Just to let you all know how I hauled it for future reference.

I didn't have a loader available to put it on the trailer, so I had to back it onto a deckover dovetail trailer. Parked the trailer in a dip to help with the angle. Raised the deck of the mower all the way up and backed up the ramps and dovetail as far as I could. Minor problem was that the ramps couldn't be moved with the mower on the trailer and they were set too narrow for the tractor rears. We had to use a couple of big oak planks to let the tractor go part way on the trailer so the mower was far enough on to have the jack on the deck. Took all the cylinder stops off and lowered the deck all the way. Chained it in place to keep it from running away while we unhitched, and then lowered the jack all the way down so the deck was sitting on the trailer floor front and rear. Chained it down and put a ratchet strap between the wings to hold them still. Reversed the process at home.

Glad it worked out. Your probably better for not having to back up the ramps. Thats a lot of weight on some ramps and back axles, depending on the trailer.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby snoopdog » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:45 pm

However you get it on the trailer, secure it for front motion , ie, slamming on the brakes . Secure it for rear, and side to side motion . When you think you have it secured in every direction , put another chain or strap on. If you do that , you won't be sorry .
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby snoopdog » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:16 am

Sorry , didn't see the update
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

klm3030
Beginner
Beginner

Postby klm3030 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:53 am

I have moved mine this way several times, always with a loader to put on/off, without a loader would be difficult. Tie it down good and they ride pretty good.

1 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:18 pm

klm3030 wrote:I have moved mine this way several times, always with a loader to put on/off, without a loader would be difficult. Tie it down good and they ride pretty good.

I like your style. A pic is worth a 1000 words in person... and 5000 typed on the enet. :) Welcome :tiphat:
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”