Trailer styles

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
bird dog
GURU
GURU

Re: Trailer styles

Postby bird dog » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:44 am

1 X 2 tube sides on a Big Bend. They are similar to the GR brand with a gap along the bottom for self cleaning.

http://bigbendtrailers.com/features.html
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:06 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
jltrent wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Is that my truck I see?

That is it as just flipped over the 33k miles threshold.

I forgot how gutless the 7.3 power stroke diesels are. At one time the 7.3 was the man, it sure stinks to get old.

Mine is the straight shift which is rated a little more HP/torque than the autos at that time, but not the power of the new ones. A 100 hp programmer/chip, gauges, 4" muffler/exhaust will wake them up, but no doubt will shorten the life and still probably be less problems and last as well as the new ones. This hay was bales with the "I" baler which is not as tight as the "M" baler.
Last edited by jltrent on Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

JW IN VA
Rancher
Rancher

Postby JW IN VA » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:53 am

cfpinz wrote:Panel side Eby - nice, quiet trailer. I'd like to try a punch side next go-round, either an Eby or Wilson.

Honestly I'm not opposed to an aluminum pipe trailer. I think they'd be fine for all but two months here, and better than the enclosed types for 6 months out of the year.

Don't know why the "like" shows minus one.

I looked at a punch side when I was buying.Seemed like the walls were not as rigid.Must have been that model.Too many on the road for it to be a problem.
0 x
Not everything your neighbors do is wrong-Not everything they do is right,either.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:53 am

kenny thomas wrote:
Nesikep wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:Punched side Wilson.

How do you like the Wilson? they look well built.. been looking for a good Wilson or Charmac in about a 20 footer

Mine is a 2001 model that has had thousands of head hauled. Replaced the brakes a couple years ago and otherwise it's perfect. If I was buying again I wouldn't even look at anything else.

We missed out on a Wilson Foreman, 24ft with double deck (for sheep/calves I guess?), all options, for $12K at an auction a couple months ago.. mint condition.. who knows what it would have gone for, but dang that guy got a steal of a deal on it
0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

ez14.
GURU
GURU

Postby ez14. » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:29 am

JW IN VA wrote:
cfpinz wrote:Panel side Eby - nice, quiet trailer. I'd like to try a punch side next go-round, either an Eby or Wilson.

Honestly I'm not opposed to an aluminum pipe trailer. I think they'd be fine for all but two months here, and better than the enclosed types for 6 months out of the year.

Don't know why the "like" shows minus one.

someone probably hit the like button. They thought it didn't work so they hit it again. But It really did work the first time so when they hit it a second time it subtracted their like

I've done that a couple times now
1 x

littletom
Rancher
Rancher

Postby littletom » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:20 pm

gooseneck brand pipe side 24'
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”