Diesel Fuel Additive

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
M-5
GURU
GURU

Re: Diesel Fuel Additive

Postby M-5 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:49 am

Caustic Burno wrote:I have seen crude come in that was water white to the consistency of peanut butter and color as well.
It’s not like the movies.

Venezuela sludge made the best asphalt.

Thats as much as i know about it.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Texasmark
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Texasmark » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:54 am

Thanks for the chemistry of the problem. I went for Physics and EE. Grew up on the coast where lots of refineries are located. Lots of science to that occupation.......as with other sciences.

I guess I'll keep using my Power Services supplements. Seem to be keeping my diesels running sweet with no fuel related problems, storage tanks remaining clean.

When I was working, one of our better high voltage insulation mediums was based on Olefins: PAO. Much better than Silicon Oil or worse based on Formaldehyde .
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:13 am

Texasmark wrote:Thanks for the chemistry of the problem. I went for Physics and EE. Grew up on the coast where lots of refineries are located. Lots of science to that occupation.......as with other sciences.

I guess I'll keep using my Power Services supplements. Seem to be keeping my diesels running sweet with no fuel related problems, storage tanks remaining clean.

When I was working, one of our better high voltage insulation mediums was based on Olefins: PAO. Much better than Silicon Oil or worse based on Formaldehyde .

Olefins have covalent double bonds between the carbon atoms making it a more dense lubricant sometimes references polynuclear aromatics.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycyc ... ydrocarbon
1 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

Texasmark
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Texasmark » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:19 am

Stocker Steve wrote:
snoopdog wrote:We try to use something in every tank, 2cycle oil, or marvel, or atf . If there is a sale on lucas or something else we'll stock up. I think algae is the predominant problem nowadays .

How well does ATF work? I have a bunch of it.

I retired from regular work and fulfilled a childhood dream....playing in the sand with my truck. Bought a 1979 International cabover with an 800 cu in 400 hp Big Cam Cummins with a rock bucket and fulfilled that dream. Ran 100 gal of fuel per day, back when Diesel was a buck a gallon....when it went to $1.10 I felt offended like the dealer dipped in my pocket and pulled out a $10 bill.....little did I know what the future would bring some years later.

Anyhew......I put a quart of ATF in the tank every morning with the fill up. Never had a fuel related problem and tanks were spotless.
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”