Tedder timing

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
Redman
Cowhand
Cowhand

Tedder timing

Postby Redman » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:34 pm

Can anyone tell me how to time a vicon Fanex 500 Tedder? It is a 4 basket Tedder and the tunes are clanking together. I checked YouTube and couldn’t find the answer.
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Re: Tedder timing

Postby jltrent » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:06 pm

Here maybe a picture of one. It looks like it might have cog wheels turning the baskets (not gear boxes). Out of timing you may have to take it partially apart and put the cog wheel back in the right place. If you can get it a part should not be that hard to line up. The basket usually will drop down after you remove a pin and then push back up after realigning. That is the way I have fixed a Kuhn before.

https://www.fastline.com/farm-equipment ... a108f.aspx

1 x

Texasmark
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Texasmark » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:24 pm

Figure out how to get at the rotors and drop them down from the drive shaft so you can slip a tooth or two, or figure out hot to get the top off the drive shafts so you can undo the clamps holding it/them to the frame and get one end or the other up in the air to slip a tooth or two.

I reset the timing on a drum mower which is driven like that tedder and taking the top off and loosening the bolts holding the clamp on the drive shaft gave me enough room to rotate the drum shaft enough to get the timing I wanted.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Scroll down to pgs 39-43 at link below might give you an idea how to do it. It does look as if the ID of the ujoint hubs and their shafts have splines, so you kight be able to do it that way as well as maybe being able to skip a tooth on the gear sets.

http://www.powellequipmentparts.com/vic ... -parts.pdf
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:06 pm

0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Redman
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Redman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:52 pm

Thanks I'm going to try and get to working on it, but it's been raining pretty much every day, so I can't really use it anyway. But I'm trying to get it fixed so when it's finally dry I can use it
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”