Thinking about a new tractor

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
Hook2.0
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Thinking about a new tractor

Postby Hook2.0 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:28 pm

So I’m looking to add a grapple to this. Here’s the control valve. Are these for adding a 3rd function and if so what extra equipment is needed? There isn’t a thumb control on my joystick
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:59 pm

Hook2.0 wrote:So I’m looking to add a grapple to this. Here’s the control valve. Are these for adding a 3rd function and if so what extra equipment is needed? There isn’t a thumb control on my joystick

The grapple I had put on from WR Long They replaced my valve and joystick with new joystick with a control button not sure about what you have hydraulics aint my strong point
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

NonTypicalCPA
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby NonTypicalCPA » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:17 am

I put a grapple on my L3940 - the best attachment by far! The local dealer added a third function remote valve that sits around foot level on the right side of the floorboard. They replaced the joystick with one that has built in thumb controls. If you need pictures I can get them tonight.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:35 am

I just ran two hoses to a tractor remote. It's not as good as one that's mounted on the joy stick but it's served us well. We've cleaned up a lot of land with our grapple. A word of caution a grapple is hard on your tractors body, cab glass and the under carriage wiring and fuel lines.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Hook2.0
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Hook2.0 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:55 am

True Grit Farms wrote:I just ran two hoses to a tractor remote. It's not as good as one that's mounted on the joy stick but it's served us well. We've cleaned up a lot of land with our grapple. A word of caution a grapple is hard on your tractors body, cab glass and the under carriage wiring and fuel lines.

Found that out the hard way huh?
0 x

Hook2.0
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Hook2.0 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:55 am

NonTypicalCPA wrote:I put a grapple on my L3940 - the best attachment by far! The local dealer added a third function remote valve that sits around foot level on the right side of the floorboard. They replaced the joystick with one that has built in thumb controls. If you need pictures I can get them tonight.

If you could that would be great. Thanks
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:00 am

Hook2.0 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:I just ran two hoses to a tractor remote. It's not as good as one that's mounted on the joy stick but it's served us well. We've cleaned up a lot of land with our grapple. A word of caution a grapple is hard on your tractors body, cab glass and the under carriage wiring and fuel lines.

Found that out the hard way huh?

Nothing is easy around here, our main problem is a tractor isn't supposed to be used like a bulldozer.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Hook2.0
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Hook2.0 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:08 am

Ha! I was pushing palmettos yesterday and had the grader blade on the back. Backed right into a tree and bent the heck out of side where it’s not braced. Flipped it 180 degrees and backed into the same tree to straighten it up. Lol
0 x

NonTypicalCPA
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby NonTypicalCPA » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:03 pm

Hook2.0 wrote:
NonTypicalCPA wrote:I put a grapple on my L3940 - the best attachment by far! The local dealer added a third function remote valve that sits around foot level on the right side of the floorboard. They replaced the joystick with one that has built in thumb controls. If you need pictures I can get them tonight.

If you could that would be great. Thanks

In the third picture notice the orange box next to and below the hydro pedal. This the my third function valve.

Imagescreen shot
0 x

Hook2.0
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Hook2.0 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Thanks.
0 x

BobbyLummus1
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby BobbyLummus1 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:04 pm

lots of dealers use diverters instead of true 3rd functions for 1/2 the money around here . not as good 3rd function but better than what true grit described
0 x

BobbyLummus1
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby BobbyLummus1 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:06 pm

and most compact tractors dont have the extra rear SCV's or any at all
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”