Mule owners

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Re: Mule owners

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:22 pm

BRYANT wrote:dust and all the things you all are talking about don't seem to bother my mules at all. I got two and I just throw a saddle on them and go there's not many places they cant go either. Maybe we aint talking about the same kind of mules.

We had a gaited mule. His name was bill. God we hated that mule. He ruined every gate in the pasture he was in. We sold him when Craigslist started up to a fella who lived in ft worth. Did a little dance as we watched him leave. I thought at the time, With Craigslist we can sell anything now. Lol
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:48 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
BRYANT wrote:dust and all the things you all are talking about don't seem to bother my mules at all. I got two and I just throw a saddle on them and go there's not many places they cant go either. Maybe we aint talking about the same kind of mules.

We had a gaited mule. His name was bill. God we hated that mule. He ruined every gate in the pasture he was in. We sold him when Craigslist started up to a fella who lived in ft worth. Did a little dance as we watched him leave. I thought at the time, With Craigslist we can sell anything now. Lol

There is good ones and bad ones., like any thing, right now a good mule is worth a lot of money. They seem to be a going thing right now and some people are breeding some good mares and making mules that are a lot different than they were even ten years ago. Seen one sell last Sat. night for 10300.00 and you are seeing some sell for way more than that, and not only at the Jake Clark Mule Sale, but other places as well.
0 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:59 pm

There is also a vent for the belt housing. It has a screen that can get clogged. I check when I check the air filter. That belt housing should be blown out every so often also.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

sstterry
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sstterry » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:38 pm

BRYANT wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:

There is good ones and bad ones., like any thing, right now a good mule is worth a lot of money. They seem to be a going thing right now and some people are breeding some good mares and making mules that are a lot different than they were even ten years ago. Seen one sell last Sat. night for 10300.00 and you are seeing some sell for way more than that, and not only at the Jake Clark Mule Sale, but other places as well.

My mule wouldn't breed, that is why I got a Polaris Ranger!
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:10 am

Brute 23 wrote:There is also a vent for the belt housing. It has a screen that can get clogged. I check when I check the air filter. That belt housing should be blown out every so often also.

Clogged up filter isn't the problem..dirt getting around the filter is.. My grasshoppers filter gets so clogged and sometimes I forget until I hear the engine gulping for air. I'll open it, its just one filter, and its full of grass, dust and crud. I take that filter off and its pristine clean on the other side of it. That's how a filter works. If you take that filter off and its dirty on the other side, well, that engine isn't going to last very long.
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:19 am

This mule post is getting tired time to put it out to pasture.
2 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:36 am

Yup... I should have known better. I still wonder if its not a joke. Can any one actually live like that?
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:21 am

Brute 23 wrote:Yup... I should have known better. I still wonder if its not a joke. Can any one actually live like that?

But you see, this is the same response we get from the kawasucky people. Same stupid one. Dirt getting past the filter......Oh you have to clean the filter... Basically, you cant find anyone who knows anything anymore.
This brings me back to anyone who is looking to buy a used or new kawasucky mule. CHECK the filter, check it good. Take it out and look behind it.. See if someone has cleaned the air intake behind the filter where the air is suppose to be filtered. I say that anyone selling a newer used Mule knows the engine's life is going to be shorter because of the faulty filter system..
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:54 am

cowgirl8 wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:Yup... I should have known better. I still wonder if its not a joke. Can any one actually live like that?

But you see, this is the same response we get from the kawasucky people. Same stupid one. Dirt getting past the filter......Oh you have to clean the filter... Basically, you cant find anyone who knows anything anymore.
This brings me back to anyone who is looking to buy a used or new kawasucky mule. CHECK the filter, check it good. Take it out and look behind it.. See if someone has cleaned the air intake behind the filter where the air is suppose to be filtered. I say that anyone selling a newer used Mule knows the engine's life is going to be shorter because of the faulty filter system..

I actually don't think it was because your filter was too dirty. Either you have some defective parts or some thing was not put together correctly.

Most dealers are a PIA... not just Kawasaki dealers.. Ford, Chevy, Honda, etc. "They" in general do not have very good mechanics and will weisel out of some thing if they can. We all attempted to help you with that battle also but you refused. The oil on the filter was a bs excuse.

But... if you are as uncooperative with the dealer as you are with us... I'd tell you any thing I could to get you out of my business. I dont think Kawasaki or your dealer will miss you to be honest.

Its how many days later and you still have not told us the model of Kawasaki Mule. We can't get any pictures or really any reliable info. In fact, you contradicted your own story. No one is going to take your advice serious when you can't even tell us what machine you have.

Thanks for the advice. I checked ours. No issues. :tiphat: Good luck.
2 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:43 am

Nuff said.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:40 pm

Pro-DXL and its maybe a 2016 bought new though last year with full warranty. Time flies..
Im curious to know why you're needing to know the exact model...problems with past models?
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:22 pm

i'm curious why ya'll didn't do your research on the mules before ya'll bought one??
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:36 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:Pro-DXL and its maybe a 2016 bought new though last year with full warranty. Time flies..
Im curious to know why you're needing to know the exact model...problems with past models?

There are at least 3 completely different "Mules" in 2015, 2016, 2017 with different air intake systems.

That would matter to some one reading this thread. The 4000 series has a completely different air filter and air intake system that the PRO series. A potential issue on the PRO is not an issue on the other 2 models.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:54 pm

So tell me your thought on the one we have. You should have waited until I
was able to get the model instead of telling me it's not a problem. We use our side by sides. They go out early in the morning and get back at dark. Son has been taking it way off so it wasn't here for me to get the model type. I told you that but you kept going on and on.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:12 pm

Lucky wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:I thought you were talking Kawasaki now it's a Honda?

Look up at my comments. My 4 wheeler is honda and we had issues with the warranty.

Is it a Rancher with the automatic? Mine doesn’t shift right it’s a real PIA sometimes.

Don't even get me started on the rangers. Lol.
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”