Mule owners

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Mule owners

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:57 am

hurleyjd wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:TWELVE THOUSAND MILES on a UTV?

I know right. I live on that thing for 4 months. The rest of the year I drive either the mile or gator.

What kind of mileage per gallon of fuel does the UTV get.

Our Kubota gets over 3 hours use to the gallon of fuel, unless your dragging pastures or a seed drill with it. Very fuel efficient, it's the main reason to buy one of those noisy things.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:23 am

hurleyjd wrote:Buy one of these might keep you going for a day

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools ... _200325161

Good post. I need one of those. Thanks
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:46 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
hurleyjd wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:I know right. I live on that thing for 4 months. The rest of the year I drive either the mile or gator.

Our Kubota gets over 3 hours use to the gallon of fuel, unless your dragging pastures or a seed drill with it. Very fuel efficient, it's the main reason to buy one of those noisy things.

We looked at Kabota but they are just too slow.. I buzz around at 25 to 35 mph everywhere.. The mules top speed is 29 with the wind at your back. The JD doesn't have a speedometer but I think it tops out at around 40, at least it feels like its going really fast. The mule seems to crawl, but it think its the sound of the engine. BUt at 29, you feel like you're going so slow... When I take someone new out I sometimes forget to s---l---o----w down. I'll see them grab the OH SH#! handle, then i'll slow down...
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:21 am

cowgirl8 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
hurleyjd wrote:

We looked at Kabota but they are just too slow.. I buzz around at 25 to 35 mph everywhere.. The mules top speed is 29 with the wind at your back. The JD doesn't have a speedometer but I think it tops out at around 40, at least it feels like its going really fast. The mule seems to crawl, but it think its the sound of the engine. BUt at 29, you feel like you're going so slow... When I take someone new out I sometimes forget to s---l---o----w down. I'll see them grab the OH SH#! handle, then i'll slow down...

The Kawasaki Mule Pro diesel tops out at 30mph. The JD diesel is 32mph.

The gas Mule Pro does 45mph. The JD does 44mph.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:49 pm

I think our diesel JD goes faster than 32.... it sometimes scares me...lol and I like going fast.
No matter what way we have it going, in the wind, down hill, I rarely get the kawasucky to do more that 29...I ride that mofo petal to the metal everywhere...
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:59 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:I think our diesel JD goes faster than 32.... it sometimes scares me...lol and I like going fast.
No matter what way we have it going, in the wind, down hill, I rarely get the kawasucky to do more that 29...I ride that mofo petal to the metal everywhere...

be careful driving fast, might cause the airfilter to not seat properly with all the vibrations .
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Figure if I go fast enough, maybe i'll outrun the dust...lol
UGH, internet slowed to a snail pace. I had to get through today since its my babysitting day and internet is the only thing that keeps me sane...although, kids are being real good. I'll get recharged on the 10th, that evening and no sooner
0 x

Lucky
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Lucky » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:36 pm

https://www.leeagra.com/product/dt-2x100-diesel-tank/

Been looking at these. Thought about seeing if they could do 50 gas/150 diesel . I’m always out of gas but have plenty diesel on hand.
1 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:55 pm

Lucky wrote:https://www.leeagra.com/product/dt-2x100-diesel-tank/

Been looking at these. Thought about seeing if they could do 50 gas/150 diesel . I’m always out of gas but have plenty diesel on hand.

That is a really neat product. I like the trailer. That is one thing I have been wanting to do... just mount a tank on a trailer. Its getting so hard to keep bulk fuel that Im thinking Im better off keeping smaller quantities but making it mobile when I can run and fill it.

One day Im going to rig out a little trailer with air comp, fuel tanks, tools, etc that I just move with the tractor or equipment.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:09 am

We have a tank like that but its homemade..Doesnt hold 2 types, just one. Guys use it when we are out in the fields to refuel the tractors. We pull it with a ATV.
0 x

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:31 am

So . . . . .after reading 7 pages of this ****tardery, I'm still confused as to whether your getting dirt through the filter, or whether it may be entering back through the exhaust. Sometimes shyt can be expelled more through an intake, than an exhaust. :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x

sstterry
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sstterry » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:51 pm

hurleyjd wrote:Buy one of these might keep you going for a day

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools ... _200325161

You can get the same one cheaper here: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000MT94QA
1 x

BobbyLummus1
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby BobbyLummus1 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:16 pm

honda pioneer use the DCT ( dual clutch transmission ) which is not near as reliable as the others at this point ( google that one if you don't believe me) ,Rangers, Mules, and Gators are a much better choice . You can still buy a 2019 Polaris Ranger 900 XP if you want a similar price point to the mule pro . ( yes a decked out 1000 XP crew is $20K ) Last few years I would have said the ranger can't be beat . They are still on top for a big bore gas unit but I'm now of the opinion for the FARM the 2014+ RTVS 900 1120 1100 are the way to go . Only UTV out there that resells any good with over 2000 hrs
2 x

littletom
Rancher
Rancher

Postby littletom » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:06 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:TWELVE THOUSAND MILES on a UTV?

Tux, I’ve got a neighbor who has a 2 year old Kubota RTV diesel w/ cab and ac/heat with 10000 miles. He bought it new. I noticed it the other day and couldn’t believe it. He said he knew of 2 more with 30000 miles on them. He lives on the farm and never gets in his truck except to go to town. I guess for something that costs 18k that’s the only way to get your moneys worth. I’ve got a 2 year old Polaris Ranger that I’ve only put 421 miles on it. Wonder if it will hold like the Kubota?

Likely not thing be older than dirt before 30000 miles
1 x

sstterry
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sstterry » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:58 am

Brute 23 wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Our Kubota gets over 3 hours use to the gallon of fuel, unless your dragging pastures or a seed drill with it. Very fuel efficient, it's the main reason to buy one of those noisy things.

The Kawasaki Mule Pro diesel tops out at 30mph. The JD diesel is 32mph.

The gas Mule Pro does 45mph. The JD does 44mph.

I will just leave this here :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSFh4qTodr0
1 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”