NH T4.75 Disc Mower size

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
jwimberly
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Northwest GA

NH T4.75 Disc Mower size

Postby jwimberly » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:49 am

Anyone know what size 3pt disc mower I should look for to fit a New Holland T4.75? Someone told me a 9ft would be a good fit, does that sound about right? Rear tires are loaded and has a front loader.
0 x

User avatar
pricefarm
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:05 pm
Location: Southwest Va

Re: NH T4.75 Disc Mower size

Postby pricefarm » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:47 pm

Not sure about your area but if your on flat ground you might be ok but if you have hills might be alittle heavy. I have a 8 ft mower on a 6610 Ford and it's a pretty good match.
1 x

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Re: NH T4.75 Disc Mower size

Postby jltrent » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:45 pm

pricefarm wrote:Not sure about your area but if your on flat ground you might be ok but if you have hills might be alittle heavy. I have a 8 ft mower on a 6610 Ford and it's a pretty good match.

+1
0 x

jwimberly
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Northwest GA

Re: NH T4.75 Disc Mower size

Postby jwimberly » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:01 am

Ok, my hay ground is flat bottom land but I'm on the lookout for more. I've ran a Vicon CM2400 on it a few times and I think it's a 7.5' it seems just a little small for the tractor thoguh. The 6610 Ford specs says it has about the same weight as mine.
0 x

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Re: NH T4.75 Disc Mower size

Postby jltrent » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:48 am

jwimberly wrote:Ok, my hay ground is flat bottom land but I'm on the lookout for more. I've ran a Vicon CM2400 on it a few times and I think it's a 7.5' it seems just a little small for the tractor thoguh. The 6610 Ford specs says it has about the same weight as mine.


No expert by any means, but have had some experience with both tractors. The low end torque on the 268ci engine of the 6610 compared to 195ci of the TN75 the 6610 will easy pull and handle more. Very noticeable difference in person and driving in size of tractor.

NH T 4.75
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractor ... ngine.html

6610
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractor ... -6610.html
0 x

User avatar
pricefarm
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:05 pm
Location: Southwest Va

Re: NH T4.75 Disc Mower size

Postby pricefarm » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:45 am

The newer tractors might be rated more horsepower but they don't seem to match up to the older tractors as far as actual power. My 5525 John Deere has more hp than the 6610 but the 6610 will pull circles around the JD.
We have one hay field that has a long steep hill. My dad mows with the 5525 with a 7ft mower and I use the 6610 with a 8ft mower. If we both start up the hill at the same time he has to downshift gears and slow down but I don't in the Ford it will blow some smoke and pull hard but it doesn't slow down. Both mowers are the same brand New Hollands one is a 615 the other a 616
0 x

Texasmark
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:56 pm
Location: N. Texas

Re: NH T4.75 Disc Mower size

Postby Texasmark » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:21 am

pricefarm wrote:The newer tractors might be rated more horsepower but they don't seem to match up to the older tractors as far as actual power. My 5525 John Deere has more hp than the 6610 but the 6610 will pull circles around the JD.
We have one hay field that has a long steep hill. My dad mows with the 5525 with a 7ft mower and I use the 6610 with a 8ft mower. If we both start up the hill at the same time he has to downshift gears and slow down but I don't in the Ford it will blow some smoke and pull hard but it doesn't slow down. Both mowers are the same brand New Hollands one is a 615 the other a 616


How do the torque curves compare? HP is (torque x rpm)/5252. Gotta get it one way or the other if you have it at all. Also weight, traction, setup and who knows what else weighs in. If your Ford has the Lucas CAV pump (like my 3 Fords), it has an automatic timing advance so when you see that smoke, the advance is trying to keep the rpms where you set them and all the fuel that the pump thinks you need isn't getting burned. May be your advantage as I have no idea how the deere operates.
0 x


Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests