Equipment financing

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
Hook2.0
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Equipment financing

Postby Hook2.0 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:31 pm

Named'em Tamed'em wrote:I used. Ag Direct. They beat the Case rate by. 2%

I just went with a signature loan. No liens, no extra paperwork. Credit score was in The top 2% so that isn’t an issue. I’ll have it paid for by spring anyway so rate is irrelevant.
0 x
Proud to be a multiplier

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Postby Stocker Steve » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:43 am

jltrent wrote:[As stated before if you want to conserve your funds then get a loan against them as that will give you the best rate. For the bank it is zero risk and when I worked in the banking business we went 2% over CD face rate.

Credit Unions have good rates as banks are for-profit, while credit unions are nonprofits and can offer usually better rates on loans. If you have a good home town bank usually they will try to work with their good customers and go below sheet rate.

Sheet rate applies to what kind of bank customer ?

Does an individual or an ag operaton ever get loans at prime rate, or is it just for big corporations?
0 x
Stocker Steve

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:34 am

Stocker Steve wrote:
jltrent wrote:[As stated before if you want to conserve your funds then get a loan against them as that will give you the best rate. For the bank it is zero risk and when I worked in the banking business we went 2% over CD face rate.

Credit Unions have good rates as banks are for-profit, while credit unions are nonprofits and can offer usually better rates on loans. If you have a good home town bank usually they will try to work with their good customers and go below sheet rate.

Sheet rate applies to what kind of bank customer ?

Does an individual or an ag operaton ever get loans at prime rate, or is it just for big corporations?

Depends, when I was a Loan Officer, Branch Manager in the mid/early eighties we were provided a sheet rate to go by and from there we could either go up or down. It was and individual thing, based mostly on these five C's: Character, Capacity, Capital, Collateral, and Conditions. A good customer that everything checks out, good history, etc. if the sheet rate was 8% on a new tractor (farm equipment loan) it wasn't out of the norm to reduce to 6.75% as the risk was lower. Have a good relationship with your banker and it never hurts to ask for a better rate also. To you it is considered a debt, to the bank it is on their records as and asset, banks want good assets. It is very interesting to review banks quarterly call reports as I do this all the time online. I am pretty much familiar on how to read them and what to look for.
1 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”