4 wheeler for work/rough conditions

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
sstterry
Rancher
Rancher

Re: 4 wheeler for work/rough conditions

Postby sstterry » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:35 am

True Grit Farms wrote:How many hours does your Polaris have? I'm very surprised that you've had no wiring issues, you got a good one.

To be honest, I am not even sure. I will check the hours tonight or this weekend. There is a slight difficulty shifting into reverse from time to time when it gets hot, but that is a known issue with the clutch on those models. There is an aftermarket clutch kit called the dura-clutch that is supposed to fix that, but to this point it is not a big deal.
0 x

M.Magis
GURU
GURU

Postby M.Magis » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:17 am

I forget how many hours I have on my Ranger, but it's in the thousands. I've not had any issues yet that haven't been self inflicted. To be fair, the transmission is on my workbench in pieces now, but that's from allowing my wife and 9 year old son to drive it. Apparently I didn't stress enough that you can't shift on the fly. :mad:
1 x

BobbyLummus1
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby BobbyLummus1 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:15 pm

atvs and utv's hold up very well considering the abuse they take , i cant think of anything we have that has held up better and been of more service ... when family and friends show up on the farm its the first thing they go to everytime . ours get used like an airplane or submarine half the time and it still shows up to work fences and check the cows . I keep thinking the old ranger will die so i can go get a new one with air condition
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”