3 Point Bale Wrappers

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
cfpinz
GURU
GURU

3 Point Bale Wrappers

Postby cfpinz » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:35 am

Anyone here with any experience with the 3 point hitch bale wrappers? Mainly interested in the Ag Wrap or Farm Land styles. Won't do enough to justify the expense of a high dollar wrapper, so looking at these types used. Be neat if it could be adapted to the front of a skid steer, too.

Thanks.
0 x
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Re: 3 Point Bale Wrappers

Postby jltrent » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:24 am

Good video of a Tubeline at work for an example.............30 horse will operate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UPT0ylbs-w

Here are a few nice ones used 4-sale at Machinery Petes...........

https://www.machinerypete.com/hay-and-f ... e-wrappers

Here is one inexpensive that rolls the bale on the ground as it wraps. Looks like could make it at home....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aqQ7p53zAM
0 x

ChrisB
GURU
GURU

Postby ChrisB » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:44 am

We have an Anderson RB200, looks almost identical to the Tubeline jltrent posted above. We use the 1.5 mil plastic just to speed things up. When going it takes less than 2 minutes per bale, but we can only do 17 bales per roll of plastic. Only takes a minute or so to change, but from stopping in the middle of a bale until starting again, it is probably closer to 5 minutes. Biggest downside is it really takes 2 people to be efficient, one on the wrapper and one on the loader. I think we paid $5400 a few years ago.
0 x

cfpinz
GURU
GURU

Postby cfpinz » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:56 am

Thanks, guys.

I'd love to have one that only requires one operator, as I'm by myself most of the time.
0 x

chevytaHOE5674
Rancher
Rancher

Postby chevytaHOE5674 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:25 pm

I have an AG Wrap 5x5 and it will wrap a bale... Not super pretty bales, not fast, not user friendly, and not convient to operate but it'll get the job done in a pinch. I only use it as a last resort and do everything I can not to need it. For the 500 dollars I paid for it, its perfect lol. I wouldn't pay much more for one.

If I plan on making any quantity of silage I borrow a tube wrapper from a friend.
Last edited by chevytaHOE5674 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:06 pm

Looks like another piece of complicated equipment that would need expensive repairs frequently.
0 x

turklilley
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby turklilley » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:33 pm

I have a farmland. It works good, it just is not good with a tractor with a cab or canopy, I raise it to high and hit the cab glass or canopy. I don't have a tractor with out.
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:12 pm

turklilley wrote:I have a farmland. It works good, it just is not good with a tractor with a cab or canopy, I raise it to high and hit the cab glass or canopy. I don't have a tractor with out.

That climate control sucks sometimes.
2 x

Butterbean_Farms
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Butterbean_Farms » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:06 am

jltrent wrote:
turklilley wrote:I have a farmland. It works good, it just is not good with a tractor with a cab or canopy, I raise it to high and hit the cab glass or canopy. I don't have a tractor with out.

That climate control sucks sometimes.

No. Climate control is awesome, all the time :D :D :D
0 x

T & B farms
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby T & B farms » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:59 pm

I have a neighbor that has a Anderson inline wrapper. I have him wrap close to 1000 bales a year. I bale them 5’x 60” usually and they will weigh 18-2200lbs. He charges me 5$ a bale to wrap them ( I buy the wrap). I keep looking at wrappers, but for that price I’d be nuts to own one. Also, that includes him running the wrapper, so it’s like having an extra hand.
I would look into having someone custom wrap for you. You save quite a bit of wrap by going inline, only downfall is you loose the ablitly to move them
0 x

cfpinz
GURU
GURU

Postby cfpinz » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:40 pm

Thanks for all of the responses, I appreciate the feedback.

If there was someone local that did custom wrapping I'd much prefer that, but that's not an option.

I bought one of the Farm Land wrappers the other day, so we'll see. It's actually pretty simple construction, just some bearings and hydraulic motors/cylinders as wear points. All of which I can rebuild myself if need be.
1 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”