Kubota 1140 RTV aftermarket parts.

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Kubota 1140 RTV aftermarket parts.

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:39 pm

A rear u-joint and front drive shaft CV type of joint went out on our Kubota. Supposedly there's no rebuild kits available for the front drive shaft and Kubota wants $1,100.00 for a new one. The rear axle u-joint is $114.00 from Kubota. I'm going to build a drive shaft out of a hay tedder pto shaft, and hopefully NAPA or someone else can cross the u-joint up and come up with something that will work.
Don't ever cuss JD because of high part prices.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Re: Kubota 1140 RTV aftermarket parts.

Postby M-5 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:49 pm

Door latch broke on my NH Wednesday night, Went by the dealer. 101.00 +tax not in stock , have to order bLAH ,bLAH, bLAH.
mechanically sealed
Drilled out the swedge , took it apart found a broken spring , Bought a spring assortment for 5 bucks , 2 longer bolts and lock nuts to hold backing plate back on and I am back in business.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

bird dog
GURU
GURU

Postby bird dog » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:07 pm

CV joints are about $110 at american CV.
https://www.americancvstore.com/

They are not easy to put in the first time you do one but not to bad after you figure it out.
0 x

Atimm693
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Atimm693 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:01 am

That's odd to have CV type joint on a drive shaft.

I'm guessing Kubota did it for a reason, installing a standard universal in it's place may vibrate or cause other issues.

If you can get it apart, you may get lucky and find a CV joint that will fit. As mentioned, they're not too difficult to deal with, all you might need are CV band pliers.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:05 pm

Atimm693 wrote:That's odd to have CV type joint on a drive shaft.

I'm guessing Kubota did it for a reason, installing a standard universal in it's place may vibrate or cause other issues.

If you can get it apart, you may get lucky and find a CV joint that will fit. As mentioned, they're not too difficult to deal with, all you might need are CV band pliers.

The front drive shaft is 5' long and I really don't exactly know what kind of joint it has. But I know it isn't a normal u-joint style drive shaft, and has boots covering the joints. I decided I'm going to cut the drive shaft and put a pillow bearing as close to the middle as possible. I should of done this a 1k hours ago. Thanks for the feedback.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”