In line wrapper.

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
gcreekrch
Rancher
Rancher

In line wrapper.

Post by gcreekrch » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:21 am

We have a Hi Line 5500 in-line bale wrapper. Lead roller on off ramp has always occasionally picked up plastic and ripped it if you don’t catch it fast enough. We sanded them down and painted them a couple years ago but still have the problem.

A hand full of dust thrown on it will stop the occurrence for a few bales. Wondering if there is something that could be sprayed on that would stop the problem for longer. Like Pam, the cooking spray perhaps?

Vaccinations, cheaper than whiskey. ;-)

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Re: In line wrapper.

Post by wbvs58 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:38 am

Silicone spray is good Dave. I used to use it on the sail tracks and the nylon sail slides, doesn't collect dust but makes things slip well. I think Ronstan used to make a spray for that, would be available at ships chandelers. My wife used to buy something similar from the hardware for the rollers on her garage door and something similar from pool shops to spray on the nylon moving part of creepy crawly pool vacuum cleaners.

Ken

gcreekrch
Rancher
Rancher

Post by gcreekrch » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:05 am

wbvs58 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:38 am
Silicone spray is good Dave. I used to use it on the sail tracks and the nylon sail slides, doesn't collect dust but makes things slip well. I think Ronstan used to make a spray for that, would be available at ships chandelers. My wife used to buy something similar from the hardware for the rollers on her garage door and something similar from pool shops to spray on the nylon moving part of creepy crawly pool vacuum cleaners.

Ken
Thanks Ken, will try that.
Vaccinations, cheaper than whiskey. ;-)

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Post by hurleyjd » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:38 pm

gcreekrch wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:21 am
We have a Hi Line 5500 in-line bale wrapper. Lead roller on off ramp has always occasionally picked up plastic and ripped it if you don’t catch it fast enough. We sanded them down and painted them a couple years ago but still have the problem.

A hand full of dust thrown on it will stop the occurrence for a few bales. Wondering if there is something that could be sprayed on that would stop the problem for longer. Like Pam, the cooking spray perhaps?
I did an internet search for your wrapper and found a manual. Do not know if this is the problem or not but the manual reads that there can be an adhesive buildup on a roller and to remove it wash with soap and water.

ERNIBIGB
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by ERNIBIGB » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:31 am

Clean it good with wd40 then wash. Give it a light sanding and spray paint with ez slide graphite paint. It is available here at tractor supply.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Nesikep » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:08 am

On the round balers, it seems like baby powder is the go-to for preventing the net wrap from catching on the rollers.. might give that a try too.
I do agree with silicone spray though, I used a lot of it at my last job to prevent hot melt glue from sticking to aluminum
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Post by jltrent » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:17 am

The last time I used Silicone spray to slicken something up I got some over spray on my other hand. Talk about a slick hand and I had to wear it off as I could not get it off no other way. I will be wearing gloves the next time. That ought to do the trick, just keep a can with you and freshly slicken up what you want slick and that will work. It is like $3 a can at Walmart.

cfpinz
GURU
GURU

Post by cfpinz » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:39 am

jltrent wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:17 am
The last time I used Silicone spray to slicken something up I got some over spray on my other hand. Talk about a slick hand and I had to wear it off as I could not get it off no other way. I will be wearing gloves the next time. That ought to do the trick, just keep a can with you and freshly slicken up what you want slick and that will work. It is like $3 a can at Walmart.
We use silicone frequently where I work, and the only way I've found to get it out of clothing is Pine-Sol.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.