Cattle trailer repaint

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
dcara
Rancher
Rancher

Cattle trailer repaint

Post by dcara » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:43 pm

Repainting the cattle trailer probably white cause thats what it has always been. I prefer white and was looking at Home Depots Farm and Equipment paint by Rustomeulm but I dont think it comes in white. Thought I would ask for opinions and experiences with other paint brands and types.

Mooovin on
Doug

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Re: Cattle trailer repaint

Post by jltrent » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:55 pm

If you want some good paint go to a Sherwin Williams store and ask what would be best for you trailer. When you sell paint for a liven you know your paint.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by JMJ Farms » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:56 pm

Last one I repainted hasn’t held up the best. I used RustScat paint. The trailer before, I used an automotive grade paint from the auto parts store. Worked way better. I do feel Sherwin Wms would have what you need. They are top notch.
Until we remember that the left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird and we come together as a nation then this country is in for more turmoil - Jogeephus

littletom
Rancher
Rancher

Post by littletom » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:32 pm

What about a good tractor paint. There is ih white and ford white they used for wheels. We painted a trailer or something Massey grey one time looked really good.

bird dog
GURU
GURU

Post by bird dog » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:02 am

The wife and I repainted a round front 16' stock trailer about 12 years ago using Rustoleum. I had paid $850 for the 80's model trailer just to use for short hauls. I had planned on having a friend spray on the paint but the wife asked if we could just roll it on. It was a good decision as it put on a heavy coat that lasted up until I sold it for $700 last month to a man to haul goats in. It had faded some but had done a excellent job at keeping the rust at bay.

JW IN VA
Rancher
Rancher

Post by JW IN VA » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:49 am

Never painted a trailer but when I had surveying done 10-15 years ago,the crew suggested painting over there spray painted notches with tractor paint.Seems to have held up well.
Not everything your neighbors do is wrong-Not everything they do is right,either.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Post by skyhightree1 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:18 am

dcara wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:43 pm
Repainting the cattle trailer probably white cause thats what it has always been. I prefer white and was looking at Home Depots Farm and Equipment paint by Rustomeulm but I dont think it comes in white. Thought I would ask for opinions and experiences with other paint brands and types.
I personally wouldn't worry about color I paint my dump truck bodies in rustoleum nothing protects like it I love the stuff whats important to me is longevity not what color it is. To each his own though. I even paint my case tractors with rustoleum and then use implement paint from agri or tractor supply
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.