Junk

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
C & C Land & Catt
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Junk

Postby C & C Land & Catt » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:43 pm

I bought a new personal truck 6 months ago. It is a dodge 3500 6 speed. It has 60000 miles on it and warranty for another 15000. So far I have blown 1 motor, 3 trannys, 2 transfer cases, 1 rear end and 5 front ends. Took it in last week and they told me that it had too much mud underneath to warranty the 4th trannsmission. Took it out to a low water crossing and cleaned it out by running through it a few times. We should get it back next week and as soon as we do it is going in for a ford. I know I terrorize trucks but I have never had this many problems before. I will never buy dodge again.
0 x
"We don't farm to get rich or to be famous. We farm because somebody has to and we love it" Aubrey Cunningham

sidney411
GURU
GURU

Postby sidney411 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:02 pm

What did you do to the poor truck? My dad has had a dodge for about 8 years and has never had these problems. I have had more problems from my ford then dads dodge.
0 x

C & C Land & Catt
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby C & C Land & Catt » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:31 pm

Mud bog a little bit, jump through some creeks, chase coyotes, haul cattle, haul tractors, haul hay, get stuck on a weekly basis, and occasionally drive down the highway.
0 x
"We don't farm to get rich or to be famous. We farm because somebody has to and we love it" Aubrey Cunningham

frenchie
GURU
GURU

Postby frenchie » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:02 pm

C&C we did,nt have any luck with our new Dodge either.Its long gone. :(
0 x

Running Arrow Bill
GURU
GURU

Postby Running Arrow Bill » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:19 pm

C & C Land & Catt wrote:Mud bog a little bit, jump through some creeks, chase coyotes, haul cattle, haul tractors, haul hay, get stuck on a weekly basis, and occasionally drive down the highway.

Hey C&C! Sounds like you believe those TV commercials where they are doing all of those wild things with those TRUCKS! Don't you know that they have to use a NEW truck for each commercial adv? Tear one up on each commercial....

Sorry about that...couldn't resist!

Incidentally, I have a 98 Dodge Ram, 5.9, V8 extended cab. 70,000 miles on it. Highway, city, pasture time, pulling utility & stock trailers, haul cattle & horses, etc. Only had to replace 1 starter and one set of Goodyear tires since owned it. Oh yes...2 sets of wiper blades.

:)
0 x
RUNNING ARROW FARM, LLC
Registered Texas Longhorns & TWH's
Senior Sires, "TOTEM POLE" & "JBR CASH"
http://www.runningarrowlonghorns.com
longhorncattle2013@gmail.com

TheBullLady
GURU
GURU

Postby TheBullLady » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:47 pm

Hmmm.. that's hard to take C & C! I"ve had a 3500 since November.. six speed.. has about 30,000 miles right now, and the only thing I've had to fix on it is.. hmmm... nothing! I don't go "mudding" with it however.. it's too $$$ to try and tear up just for fun. I do pull a 32 foot stock trailer with it.

The 3500 we traded in on this one had almost 100,000 miles, and never had a problem.
0 x

D.R. Cattle
GURU
GURU

Postby D.R. Cattle » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:58 am

C & C Land & Catt wrote:Mud bog a little bit, jump through some creeks, chase coyotes, haul cattle, haul tractors, haul hay, get stuck on a weekly basis, and occasionally drive down the highway.

I'm a faithful Ford fan, but I've noted that one make is not leaps and bounds ahead of the other in the "holds up against abuse" department.
0 x
-Annoy a liberal; work, succeed and be happy.
-Eat more beef.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:58 am

Sounds like you need a horse, just one, with four legs LOL!
0 x

royB
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby royB » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:36 pm

That sure sounds like lots of problems and headaches. But you might want to look at a few truck forums before to trade it in (just to decide what to trade it on not change your mind). I spend quite a bit of time on a few and the Fords and GMs seem to have more poeple complaining about them than the Dodges. I have a 3500 with 88,000 right now and it has it's problems but I don't think I would trade it and I was always a strong GM supporter.

Roy
0 x

Michelle Pankonien
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Michelle Pankonien » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:42 pm

I am a Chevy Fan myself, but have friend who Love Fords and they are VERY abusive drivers,

I would say a power stroke is what you need, but you still have to break the thing in for 15-20000, if you get a diesel, if not you get what has happen to your Dodge
0 x
Bush Rocks, WHOOP!

jls

trucks use or abuse.

Postby jls » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:41 pm

I worked for an outfit that did utility line maintenence and inspections. Company trucks were 2 wd only. Company said 4 wd just encouraged guys to get em in further to get stuck and broken. whenever you push equip to the edge of the envelope it can get expensive. maybe the next truck should be a hummer or surplus 6X6 :?:
0 x

TxCoUnTrYbOy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby TxCoUnTrYbOy » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:54 am

i think anything is gonna get torn up taking it mudding like that. im a very biased ford fan, but they will all hold up the same under those conditions. a buddy of mine has a 02 expedition with 6" lift and 38" tires, takes it mudding any chance he can get. he even takes it around the city to construction sites after its been raining. hes gone through 2 transmissions and flooded some seals in it a couple times. the only reason he got it fixed is by using the excuse "Its a 4x4, its supposed to be able to go off road". his dad has a 03 F-150 with 4" lift and 35" tires. takes it mudding just as often and never had a problem. another buddy has 03 Ram 1500 stock. goes mudding all the time and never had a problem. this is probably getting pretty boring to read but im making my point.

well, there is one part of the ram that is less durable. the body. dodge bodies are extremely easilty dented because of the cheaper materials. thats why they cost less too.
0 x

TXBobcat
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Junk

Postby TXBobcat » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:29 am

C & C Land & Catt wrote:I bought a new personal truck 6 months ago. It is a dodge 3500 6 speed. It has 60000 miles on it and warranty for another 15000. So far I have blown 1 motor, 3 trannys, 2 transfer cases, 1 rear end and 5 front ends. Took it in last week and they told me that it had too much mud underneath to warranty the 4th trannsmission. Took it out to a low water crossing and cleaned it out by running through it a few times. We should get it back next week and as soon as we do it is going in for a ford. I know I terrorize trucks but I have never had this many problems before. I will never buy dodge again.

To be fair, try the same with that new Ford and report back on the results.
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:07 pm

C & C Land & Catt wrote:I bought a new personal truck 6 months ago. It is a dodge 3500 6 speed. It has 60000 miles on it and warranty for another 15000. So far I have blown 1 motor, 3 trannys, 2 transfer cases, 1 rear end and 5 front ends. Took it in last week and they told me that it had too much mud underneath to warranty the 4th trannsmission. Took it out to a low water crossing and cleaned it out by running through it a few times. We should get it back next week and as soon as we do it is going in for a ford. I know I terrorize trucks but I have never had this many problems before. I will never buy dodge again.

That is a lot of problems in a short time. Is it still on the road?
0 x

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:12 pm

jltrent wrote:

That is a lot of problems in a short time. Is it still on the road?

14 years later I doubt it. Lol
1 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”