Squeezing the Customer

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Squeezing the Customer

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:28 pm

So the ones you you bought are okay?
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:33 pm

Yes, except for being wilder than a March hair.
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:15 am

I just don't understand the seller. We sell bulls and heifers off the farm each year and by the time they are ready to be purchased they are accustomed to being around people and 100% feed bunk broke.

That lady should be ashamed.
6 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

bbirder
Rancher
Rancher

Postby bbirder » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:20 am

Slick,
Post everything you can about her and her operation. The truth and nothing but the truth. It's got to get around to other potential buyers and affect her operation. Whenever someone googles her farm they may read posts that affect her sales. Anyone who handles their animals and customers that way does not belong in the business.
0 x
"A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years. A bad climbing rope will last you a lifetime."

bbirder
Rancher
Rancher

Postby bbirder » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:22 am

Slick,
Post everything you can about her and her operation. The truth and nothing but the truth. It's got to get around to other potential buyers and affect her operation. Whenever someone googles her farm they may read posts that affect her sales. Anyone who handles their animals and customers that way does not belong in the business.

But, she is an attorney. No.......we won't change this thread to a joke thread. :bang:
0 x
"A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years. A bad climbing rope will last you a lifetime."

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:48 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:I just don't understand the seller. We sell bulls and heifers off the farm each year and by the time they are ready to be purchased they are accustomed to being around people and 100% feed bunk broke.

That's the way I feel. Dang sure don't want to sell any animals that'll hurt someone without full disclosure.

bbirder wrote:Slick,

But, she is an attorney. No.......we won't change this thread to a joke thread. :bang:

This has kept me awake most of the night and I've decided to forgo an assassination on her. I got a message from Frank yesterday evening that they put the animal down as they could not find anyone to process her. He asked me to not say anything about this to the lady until he got his money back on the other heifer from her. Then, I'm sure Frank will unload on her.

I get calls and when I haven't been able to help a customer I've referred this lady and a few others to them. Her farm will not be recommended ever again by me for anything. When I'm asked about her I'll tell the entire truth, but won't go out of my way to do it.
Last edited by slick4591 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:07 am

slick4591 wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:I just don't understand the seller. We sell bulls and heifers off the farm each year and by the time they are ready to be purchased they are accustomed to being around people and 100% feed bunk broke.

That's the way I feel. Dang sure don't want to sell any animals that'll hurt someone without full disclosure.

bbirder wrote:Slick,

This has kept me awake most of the night and I've decided to forgo an assignation on her. I got a message from Frank yesterday evening that they put the animal down as they could not find anyone to process her. He asked me to not say anything about this to the lady until he got his money back on the other heifer from her. Then, I'm sure Frank will unload on her.

I get calls and when I haven't been able to help a customer I've referred this lady and a few others to them. Her farm will not be recommended ever again by me for anything. When I'm asked about her I'll tell the entire truth, but won't go out of my way to do it.

Just further proof of what type of person you need to be, to be a lawyer.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

bbirder
Rancher
Rancher

Postby bbirder » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:21 am

I respect your position. Hope the heifers work for you so all is not lost.
2 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:34 am

Thanks!
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:56 am

No need to worry , I'm sure she doesn't get many repeat customers.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:29 am

Any chance these animals were lightly drugged for you to be able to get them in the trailer and travel to your farm?
Maybe you need to have some serious discussions with Lithuanian to see if you can get some connections to some of these genetics over there?
What a mess and such a shame for your friend. Were you wanting to do some ET work with these bought ones? That is a scary thought with the way they are acting now.
I am so sorry that it is turning out this way. I cannot imagine anyone selling animals that are so unmanageable.
2 x

76 Bar
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby 76 Bar » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Really sorry for your misfortune slick and appalled by how this breeder has treated you. Good guess she's capitalizing on the rarity of the breed and NO disrespect intended, gullibility and enthusiasm of her clientele. :frowns: Clearly, she's despicable and a discredit to the breed.
2 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:04 pm

farmerjan wrote:Any chance these animals were lightly drugged for you to be able to get them in the trailer and travel to your farm?
Maybe you need to have some serious discussions with Lithuanian to see if you can get some connections to some of these genetics over there?
What a mess and such a shame for your friend. Were you wanting to do some ET work with these bought ones? That is a scary thought with the way they are acting now.
I am so sorry that it is turning out this way. I cannot imagine anyone selling animals that are so unmanageable.

Thanks, but I'm not sure if ET stuff will be back on my plate again. I don't think they were tranq'd as they were pretty wild eyed at her farm too. Makes sense to me now that she had her pen full with extra heifers so they didn't have the room (like I have in my pen) to act so crazy.
0 x

CottageFarm
-

Postby CottageFarm » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:30 am

Slick, SEO (search engine optimization) with the use of appropriate key words, can work well for you to communicate the practices of this breeder, without ever mentioning a name. CT places very high on search engine results.
If you're simply relaying the facts of your experience, with a Piedmontese breeder located in the Southeat US, without passing judgement or otherwise disparaging an individual, there is no hint libel.
Last edited by CottageFarm on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Discontent is the want of self-reliance. Ralph Waldo Emerson
"He that lives upon CF's CFS alone, will die fasting" :lol2: Ouachita

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:16 pm

CottageFarm wrote:Slick, SEO (search engine optimization) with the use of appropriate key words, can work well for you to communicate the practices of this breeder, without ever mentioning a name. CT places very high on search engine results.
If you're simply relaying the facts of your experience, with a Piedmont breeder located in the Southeat US, without passing judgement or otherwise disparaging an individual, there is no hint libel.

So that's how search engines work?

Today I turned the two out with the others and it seems like it went pretty well. Fed my girls in the pen with them then left the gate open. It took about 20 minutes before they all came out with the new girls being the last two. They all stayed together for the most part but the new girls ranged out a little only to returned to the others. I felt good enough after a while to leave.

This is the only pic I got the other day as they wouldn't stand still long enough to get anything good. I'll go back a little later and take the good camera with the long lens to see what I can get.

1 x

Return to “Cattle Sales”