Headed to the barn

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Re: Headed to the barn

Post by kenny thomas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:28 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:Futures were back up today.

We need to figure out how to get the paper pushers out of the cattle market.

I totally agree.

My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

snoopdog
GURU
GURU

Post by snoopdog » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:05 am

True Grit Farms wrote:

Agreed
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TexasBred » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:43 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:

Why?? They are buying a product with a settlement price, a delivery date and a quantity and are bidding against others. Sounds like a market to me. A tool???? ;-)
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

snoopdog
GURU
GURU

Post by snoopdog » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:27 pm

TexasBred wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

Why?? They are buying a product with a settlement price, a delivery date and a quantity and are bidding against others. Sounds like a market to me. A tool???? ;-)
Paper pushing creates a false market , traders should be required to take possession or have the ability at least . Then you would have a true supply /demand outlet .

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Post by kenny thomas » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:10 pm

snoopdog wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:We need to figure out how to get the paper pushers out of the cattle market.

Paper pushing creates a false market , traders should be required to take possession or have the ability at least . Then you would have a true supply /demand outlet .

My feelings exactly.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TexasBred » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:53 pm

snoopdog wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:We need to figure out how to get the paper pushers out of the cattle market.

Snoop many do take possession if it comes right down to it. Why is what they do any less of a market than you and me sitting at a sale buying cattle?? We're all trying to buy cheap and sell higher. A market.....the same market you probalby check every week before going to the sell so you'll know what you're cattle are worth. (does your sale barn really have a market when it only sells 150 head like some do???) Ever bought cattle at a sale barn and sold them before you left?? :shock: :shock:
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

snoopdog
GURU
GURU

Post by snoopdog » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:12 pm

TexasBred wrote:
snoopdog wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Why?? They are buying a product with a settlement price, a delivery date and a quantity and are bidding against others. Sounds like a market to me. A tool???? ;-)

Snoop many do take possession if it comes right down to it. Why is what they do any less of a market than you and me sitting at a sale buying cattle?? We're all trying to buy cheap and sell higher. A market.....the same market you probalby check every week before going to the sell so you'll know what you're cattle are worth. (does your sale barn really have a market when it only sells 150 head like some do???) Ever bought cattle at a sale barn and sold them before you left?? :shock: :shock:
Come on TB, the majority of Wall Street traders don't know which end the grass goes in or which end it comes out, get real .

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Post by kenny thomas » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:43 pm

snoopdog wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
snoopdog wrote: Paper pushing creates a false market , traders should be required to take possession or have the ability at least . Then you would have a true supply /demand outlet .

Come on TB, the majority of Wall Street traders don't know which end the grass goes in or which end it comes out, get real .

TB I totally respect your opinion but I have to agree with snoopdog on this one. Most will never see cowshyte much less get it on their shoes.