Best place for sale listings?

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
NEFarmwife
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Best place for sale listings?

Postby NEFarmwife » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:20 pm

hornedfrogbbq wrote:
NEFarmwife wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
That forum is locked so it doesn't create a discussion forum click the link under that and you have access to the classified ads you register once registration is approved you can list things feel free to pm me I'll help you

I’ll post there as soon as I get more info. Preg checking next week.

What did you end up deciding to do? How did the preg check go?

We’re going to list on Superior, I believe. Broader audience. But we’ll decide for sure after preg check.

Our preg check got rescheduled for this Thursday. With all the rain we’ve had, the area we were going to work them was extremely sloppy. Everything is set up and ready.
1 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:23 pm

Facebook
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

NEFarmwife
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby NEFarmwife » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:05 pm

Brute 23 wrote:Facebook

I had did a little advertising on fB and got 9400+ hits (with 600 actual clicks on post) and could not believe how far it reached.

Can’t wait to get our results so we can get things going. We’re calving, preg checking, weaning, adding on to feedlot, and gearing up for harvest. Fun times!
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:58 am

NEFarmwife wrote:

I had did a little advertising on fB and got 9400+ hits (with 600 actual clicks on post) and could not believe how far it reached.

Can’t wait to get our results so we can get things going. We’re calving, preg checking, weaning, adding on to feedlot, and gearing up for harvest. Fun times!

You are right. Its an amazing marketing tool when used correctly.
0 x

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:28 am

Brute 23 wrote:
NEFarmwife wrote:

Do you use a group page, or is it a page you did? Can you provide links? Thanks
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:26 am

There are multiple ways. A link wont help that much its easier to explain. Other may know of more or better way. Hopefully they will chime in.

1. Posting your items for sale on your own page. I'm a big fan of offering cash to any one who recommends the buyer. It doesn't take much for people to share it one their pages and cause a chain reaction. Works great especially with stuff you kind of want to sell locally.

2. There are classified groups like farm equipment of south texas, gulf coast cattle for sale, houston area trucks, etc. Those are more regional.

3. Facebook has a classified section similar to craigslist. Your reaching an ever larger, pretty much world wide group there.

4. Start your own page. There are quite a few people with their own pages like XYZ Hereford Cattle. They show off pics of calves being born, putting bulls out, working cattle... and then you list the cattle for sale you have been showing the process for the whole. Its a great way to showcase the whole operation. IMO people can watch what you on a regular basis and feel more comfortable purchasing.

The best way to find all of these is go to the search tab on facebook at the top and type in what you are looking for. For example... Tiger Stripes in South Texas... Farm equipment... classifieds... Mule Pro... pretty much what ever your heart desires.
0 x

NEFarmwife
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby NEFarmwife » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:45 pm

HDRider wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:
NEFarmwife wrote:I had did a little advertising on fB and got 9400+ hits (with 600 actual clicks on post) and could not believe how far it reached.

Do you use a group page, or is it a page you did? Can you provide links? Thanks

You can look us up on Facebook under “Dodds Cattle”

Edited to add that it’s just a FB Page. Something I started a couple years ago. Mainly as mentioned in post below, to show our operation. Even people not in the Ag world, really enjoy seeing pics of what we do but I don’t try to inundate with too many posts.
1 x

Return to “Cattle Sales”