Ways to generate income

Discuss grasses and how to grow and harvest them.
greatgerts
GURU
GURU

Re: Ways to generate income

Postby greatgerts » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:37 am

HSTexas wrote:Are all volunteer firefighters as arrogant as the ones we have here? Ours seem to think they are more superior than the rest of us. You guys have that problem?

I think that it is just in NE Texas. They are wonderful in this part of the world. Of course, they are just hobby firefighters.
3 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:51 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
HSTexas wrote:Are all volunteer firefighters as arrogant as the ones we have here? Ours seem to think they are more superior than the rest of us. You guys have that problem?

Nope, it's just you.

Our volunteer firefighter are different, I don't know about arrogant though. They seem like just a bunch of weekenders and wanna bee's. A redneck volunteer fire department is all we have around here. Seems their as prone to kill you as to save you, they drive like maniacs when a call comes in trying to be the first there to watch it burn.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

HSTexas
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby HSTexas » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:51 am

greatgerts wrote:

I think that it is just in NE Texas. They are wonderful in this part of the world. Of course, they are just hobby firefighters.

Thank you, once I get situated I may join and try to teach some culture and manners too them.
I have read that bamboo is a very lucrative. Do any of you guys grow it?
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:04 am

HSTexas wrote:
greatgerts wrote:

Thank you, once I get situated I may join and try to teach some culture and manners too them.

You use bamboo as a cover crop for growing pot, they both give off close to the same heat at night.
0 x

HSTexas
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby HSTexas » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:08 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
HSTexas wrote:
greatgerts wrote:

You use bamboo as a cover crop for growing pot, they both give off close to the same heat at night.

Thank you, I do not participate in drugs. I feel it is a gateway to harder stuff. I will continue to pursue ways to make money legally on my 40 acres.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:29 am

HSTexas wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
HSTexas wrote:

Thank you, I do not participate in drugs. I feel it is a gateway to harder stuff. I will continue to pursue ways to make money legally on my 40 acres.

If your not dopey now you will be. I don't think you can drink enough to put up with your neighbors.
0 x

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:38 am

Sell it for more than you paid plus interest.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:19 am

How do you have time to comment here when your working on your fence. You do nice fence work, maybe you have a future in that.
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:03 am

cowgirl8 wrote:How do you have time to comment here when your working on your fence. You do nice fence work, maybe you have a future in that.

He has never put a fence up in his whole life. He needs to get back to work.

Linda, take my advice. Do anything but respond to these goofy posts. Your time would be better spent mashing your fingers with a hammer. :D
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:15 am

Bright Raven wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:How do you have time to comment here when your working on your fence. You do nice fence work, maybe you have a future in that.

Linda, take my advice. Do anything but respond to these goofy posts. Your time would be better spent mashing your fingers with a hammer. :D

She is enjoying it as much as they are. For the first-time there is no argument.
1 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:47 am

kenny thomas wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

She is enjoying it as much as they are. For the first-time there is no argument.

That thought occurred to me. :D
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:13 pm

She might even be HSTexas.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:22 pm

kenny thomas wrote:She might even be HSTexas.

Come on now Kenny, she's not an attention seeker.....well maybe just at home. I keep thinking how easy it is to be entertained, this is more fun than a barrel of monkeys.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:30 pm

I want to shout out to the poster who did this. Not only did they have me for a few seconds. But I learned my lesson.
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:33 pm

Nope. Can't say one saved my life, but he did come wading & swimming thru chest deep water to help wife and I get out in the flood, then returned later that day to check on our dogs, as he promised my wife he would. He was pretty humble about the whole thing.
He too is just a part time hobbyist.
4 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Return to “Grasses, Pastures and Hay”