Cut 2" off a whole roll of netting.

Discuss grasses and how to grow and harvest them.
millstreaminn
Rancher
Rancher

Cut 2" off a whole roll of netting.

Postby millstreaminn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:24 am

I mistakenly bought a roll of 50" wide baler netting and my baler only takes 48". Any way to cut 2" off the whole roll? Chop saw maybe? I can't return it and I do not know anyone with a baler that takes 50" net so I am stuck with it. :dunce:
0 x
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Re: Cut 2" off a whole roll of netting.

Postby hurleyjd » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:41 am

Most balers will not know the difference. I have a 5410 rebel and have used 52" net in it. It calls for 48". So what brand of baler.
0 x

millstreaminn
Rancher
Rancher

Postby millstreaminn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:37 am

Its a Krone baler and the 50" net will not fit on the baler. It's 2" too wide to fit in the baler.
0 x
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:42 am

millstreaminn wrote:Its a Krone baler and the 50" net will not fit on the baler. It's 2" too wide to fit in the baler.

I think I would just chalk up the 50" twine as a loss and buy the right width. I would think that you would have a lot of wrapping around rollers and such with the lose ends. You might list the 50" on craigslist in your area.
1 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:43 am

either it will work cutting it off or it wont .. You have nothing to loose at this point i say go for it but I would use a razor knife or and sharp electric knife , mark where you want it cut around the roll then cut as deep as you can length wise on the 2 " you are removing and peal off excess as you go
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:29 pm

hurleyjd wrote:Most balers will not know the difference. I have a 5410 rebel and have used 52" net in it. It calls for 48". So what brand of baler.

In the future I will use 48 inch wide as the bale is 46 inches wide. I do have a lot of net buildup on rollers and I hope the 48 inch wide will solve that problem
0 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:31 pm

millstreaminn wrote:I mistakenly bought a roll of 50" wide baler netting and my baler only takes 48". Any way to cut 2" off the whole roll? Chop saw maybe? I can't return it and I do not know anyone with a baler that takes 50" net so I am stuck with it. :dunce:

Should fit any 48 fit wide Vermeer or john deere. And maybe the New Holland
0 x

Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU

Postby Supa Dexta » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:31 am

There is a 0% chance I would mess around with that aggravation.
2 x

millstreaminn
Rancher
Rancher

Postby millstreaminn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:24 am

Supa Dexta wrote:There is a 0% chance I would mess around with that aggravation.

Should have taken your advise. I ended up using a hot wire like you cut foam with. Worked like a charm cutting through the net but melted it together so it won't feed off the roll in the baler. Big fail.
0 x

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:42 pm

Oh well you tried. You sound like me, a bit of a risk taker, I will not die wondering.

Ken
0 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:52 am

millstreaminn wrote:
Supa Dexta wrote:There is a 0% chance I would mess around with that aggravation.

Should have taken your advise. I ended up using a hot wire like you cut foam with. Worked like a charm cutting through the net but melted it together so it won't feed off the roll in the baler. Big fail.

Ignored my advice to.

I think I would just chalk up the 50" twine as a loss and buy the right width. I would think that you would have a lot of wrapping around rollers and such with the lose ends. You might list the 50" on craigslist in your area.
0 x

Return to “Grasses, Pastures and Hay”