Easy Pasture Profit !

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Easy Pasture Profit !

Postby snoopdog » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:25 pm

I easily make 200 a year picking up black walnuts, which usually takes me approximately 72 hrs, "we're in the money"!
3 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 am

I'll stick with hunters and pine straw harvesters, at least I can tell them to get the heck off my property. A cell tower by the road would sure be nice through.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:50 am

the electric guys showed up here the other day and i couldn't even stand that.. wouldn't be able to deal with other people on my property.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:26 pm

TCRanch wrote:
1982vett wrote:
TCRanch wrote:Timely subject matter! Just got back from my morning rounds and discovered 2 gates open and a crew moving in a new rig. After 8" of rain. And a bunch of cows RIGHT THERE. Read them for filth, felt somewhat safe with my .223 in full view, shut the gates, called the pumper, refrained from using any profanities.

"Easy" Pasture Profit is subjective :roll:

Ya know...they can put a gate and lock on a cattleguard......a good many of them around here.

If we knew then what we know now we would have insisted on both in the contract. Cattle guards would now be at our expense but we're considering at least one, maybe 2.

Before you go and spend any of your money at least ask them. I've got worlds of stuff done long after executing a lease just by asking. Most good companies are more than happy to maintain a good relationship with the property owner. Don't go telling them what you'll do though.....they might show you. :nod:
2 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:54 pm

TexasBred wrote:
TCRanch wrote:
1982vett wrote:Ya know...they can put a gate and lock on a cattleguard......a good many of them around here.

If we knew then what we know now we would have insisted on both in the contract. Cattle guards would now be at our expense but we're considering at least one, maybe 2.

Before you go and spend any of your money at least ask them. I've got worlds of stuff done long after executing a lease just by asking. Most good companies are more than happy to maintain a good relationship with the property owner. Don't go telling them what you'll do though.....they might show you. :nod:

Yup, worth asking. Especially since we just discovered they moved/used a huge pile of our dirt to re-build the berm. And it was the good stuff!
0 x

MtnCows93
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby MtnCows93 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:41 pm

snoopdog wrote:I easily make 200 a year picking up black walnuts, which usually takes me approximately 72 hrs, "we're in the money"!

thats the truth! but the right walnut logs are a different story
1 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:28 pm

Guy I helped last winter had 3 windmills on his pastures. He said they paid about $700 a month. His sister has about 30 on her property. She rents him the pasture pretty cheap. She has enough money coming in from the windmills that she isn't interested in running cows anymore.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:58 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:I'll stick with hunters and pine straw harvesters, at least I can tell them to get the heck off my property. A cell tower by the road would sure be nice through.

Might be too close to help you with your cell signal tho. Parked right beside 1 one time and couldn't even get 1 bar.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Chocolate Cow2
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Chocolate Cow2 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:44 pm

Just came home from checking my fall calving cows. We had 8-10" of rain a couple weeks ago and there was water over an oil lease road in my pasture. Well, they 'fixed' their road sometime in the past day or so. They brought in a backhoe? maybe, it was a tire machine. Instead of hauling in gavel, the bas****s took a strip of top soil off my pasture about 8 feet wide and 30-40 feet long. Simply scraped up about 6 inches and hauled it down to the bottom of the hill to repair the washed out spot in the road. I am beyond angry. I found the president of the company email address and sent him a picture and my thoughts. Oh yeah, they took the soil off a side hill up at the top so it'll wash really nicely.
0 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:33 am

Chocolate Cow2 wrote:Just came home from checking my fall calving cows. We had 8-10" of rain a couple weeks ago and there was water over an oil lease road in my pasture. Well, they 'fixed' their road sometime in the past day or so. They brought in a backhoe? maybe, it was a tire machine. Instead of hauling in gavel, the bas****s took a strip of top soil off my pasture about 8 feet wide and 30-40 feet long. Simply scraped up about 6 inches and hauled it down to the bottom of the hill to repair the washed out spot in the road. I am beyond angry. I found the president of the company email address and sent him a picture and my thoughts. Oh yeah, they took the soil off a side hill up at the top so it'll wash really nicely.

That's just wrong! So now they're going to have to spend 3 times the $$$ to repair/replace.
0 x

Allenw
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Allenw » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Chocolate Cow2 wrote:Just came home from checking my fall calving cows. We had 8-10" of rain a couple weeks ago and there was water over an oil lease road in my pasture. Well, they 'fixed' their road sometime in the past day or so. They brought in a backhoe? maybe, it was a tire machine. Instead of hauling in gavel, the bas****s took a strip of top soil off my pasture about 8 feet wide and 30-40 feet long. Simply scraped up about 6 inches and hauled it down to the bottom of the hill to repair the washed out spot in the road. I am beyond angry. I found the president of the company email address and sent him a picture and my thoughts. Oh yeah, they took the soil off a side hill up at the top so it'll wash really nicely.

They don't have any right to be off their easement, I would be collecting some serious damages for that.
1 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:21 am

Dave wrote:Guy I helped last winter had 3 windmills on his pastures. He said they paid about $700 a month. His sister has about 30 on her property. She rents him the pasture pretty cheap. She has enough money coming in from the windmills that she isn't interested in running cows anymore.

700 each or for all 3?

they are trying to build them here but the town has been fighting them for over 15 years.
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:37 am

ddd75 wrote:
Dave wrote:Guy I helped last winter had 3 windmills on his pastures. He said they paid about $700 a month. His sister has about 30 on her property. She rents him the pasture pretty cheap. She has enough money coming in from the windmills that she isn't interested in running cows anymore.

700 each or for all 3?

they are trying to build them here but the town has been fighting them for over 15 years.

It is $700 per wind mill per month.
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:59 am

Dave wrote:
ddd75 wrote:

700 each or for all 3?

It is $700 per wind mill per month.

hard to say no to that
0 x

Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”