Do you believe in .....

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Re: Do you believe in .....

Post by backhoeboogie » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:54 am

M-5 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:04 pm
I bought a metal detector years ago when my kids were pre teen and I got home one day and there was holes everywhere in the yard. They decided to treasure hunt . They had a coffee can full of bolts nuts washers but no treasure. 60+ years of working on equipment in the yard and the metal detector beeps constantly.
My grandkids find the treasure. Broken gold chains, rings, decent coins. Trevor found a religious coin. Jesus on front and the last supper on the back. I thought he'd found a silver dollar until we cleaned it.

I took mine to Navarre Beach last year. I found a modern dime and 17 hot wheels cars. Several bags of trash too.

It gets my grandsons off of their iPads and iPhones. It gets them out in the country. That has value in itself.
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Philip-TX
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by Philip-TX » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:49 am

I think it has to do with "disturbed" compaction of soil. Difference in naturally compacted soil and pipe trenches, etc.
I used to find UST (Undergroud Storage Tanks) fuel tank vaults sometimes under conc. or asphalt.

Not too sure/confident in a "Y" willow branch to find water 700ft below the surface, though.

Bend the metal rods into an "L" and place in glass bottle, they will point twds each other.

Glass bottle are a must on a betting situation, keeps operator from turning the rods.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:13 am

I read an article yesterday, that said a study had shown that some humans could sense the Earth's magnetic lines (always instinctively knew which direction was which even in the dark) and some could not. I wonder if this might explain why some can witch and some cannot?
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!