Pouring concrete question???

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
pricefarm
GURU
GURU

Re: Pouring concrete question???

Post by pricefarm » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:46 am

sstterry wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:01 am
pricefarm wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:46 pm
When I poured the pad for mine the man that I bought my bin from that sets them up said to pour at least a 6” pad.
The smaller bin I got I just bolted to rail road ties and usually leave the loader bucket on the end of the ties.
I really like that smaller bin. How much does it hold and where did you get it?
It really depends on what you put in it but it is considered a 3 ton bin. I PM you the info on the man that I bought both bins from.

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Bigfoot » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:03 am

hurleyjd wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:25 am
In my area you could get that done by a contractor for $5.00 a square foot with six inches of concrete and rebar. You could just sit and watch the work. You are looking at $360 for the ready mix truck and maybe another $50 for a small load. If I was doing it myself where I live.
I only contacted one person about finishing it, and he was high. $600 labor, and I had to buy rebar, chairs, rock and boards. 4 yard minimum on concrete, and that’ll be $475. 3 of us worked on what you see a about 3 hours. A couple more hours, and it’ll be ready to pour.
Your not a small business owner. Your a stay at home mom trapped in a pyramid scheme.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:44 am

pricefarm wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:46 am
sstterry wrote:
pricefarm wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:46 pm
When I poured the pad for mine the man that I bought my bin from that sets them up said to pour at least a 6” pad.
The smaller bin I got I just bolted to rail road ties and usually leave the loader bucket on the end of the ties.
It really depends on what you put in it but it is considered a 3 ton bin. I PM you the info on the man that I bought both bins from.
I think a feed bin on a poured pad needs to be my next farm addition.
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Bigfoot » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:55 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:44 am
pricefarm wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:46 am
sstterry wrote:

I think a feed bin on a poured pad needs to be my next farm addition.
I've been supporting two gravity wagons parked in my barns for years. I'm doing this to free my barn space up. Also 6 tons of feed was all I could handle before. Now I can do double that. You get a nice break when you step up to bulk delivery, and you get another nice break, when you can take 12 tons. I'll start looking for an auger when I finally get this thing set up, and use my gravity wagons to go get DDG.
Your not a small business owner. Your a stay at home mom trapped in a pyramid scheme.

Beefeater
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by Beefeater » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:22 pm

Raise it up to 6” even in the inside to help ensure you have a bit for your chute. More importantly is the compaction mentioned compact, compact and compact a bit more! This should be done before, during and after adding gravel. Make sure gravel is of a size that can be compacted i.e. lime sand or 3/8” minus...

One time saver tip is to mark your forms before pouring for your expansion joints. Easier and faster to run wet unless you have the right equipment. A crete broom for broom finish is worth the small investment too.

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Post by ohiosteve » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:34 am

It might be worth your time to weld bolts to rebar and por them in the slab to make anchoring the bin much easier. Don't forget to put tape over the threads.
People are usually shocked when they find out I'm not a very good electrician.