3 car garage ideas

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
pricefarm
GURU
GURU

Re: 3 car garage ideas

Postby pricefarm » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:36 pm

TexasBred wrote:
pricefarm wrote:Iam thinking of building a 3 car garage at my house. I'll use 1 bay for my wife's car one for my truck and the other bay to work on farm equipment. What size do y'all think would work? Iam thinking a 40' long and 30' deep. Also what would be best, a post frame or a stick built?

Wouldn't even consider it. The work area will turn into a nasty junk area and the value of your house will go down. Even is you clean it up the floor is going to always be nasty.

You don't know me Iam a neat freak. Planning on putting epoxy on the concrete so I can keep oil from soaking in and making a mess.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:49 pm

pricefarm wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
pricefarm wrote:Iam thinking of building a 3 car garage at my house. I'll use 1 bay for my wife's car one for my truck and the other bay to work on farm equipment. What size do y'all think would work? Iam thinking a 40' long and 30' deep. Also what would be best, a post frame or a stick built?

Wouldn't even consider it. The work area will turn into a nasty junk area and the value of your house will go down. Even is you clean it up the floor is going to always be nasty.

You don't know me Iam a neat freak. Planning on putting epoxy on the concrete so I can keep oil from soaking in and making a mess.

You probably are and you can probably make it work. Sure hope so. Mine would look like crap in a few months.I'd have ever old piece of equipment on the place parked in the yard
1 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Postby Stocker Steve » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:48 pm

What are your thoughts on 2 garage doors on the end, vs. one bigger one in the center of the end?
I would like to get 12' equipment in if I needed to, and could diagonal park ATVs, Jeeps, ect. on one side on a single door.
0 x
Stocker Steve

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:17 pm

TexasBred wrote:
pricefarm wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Wouldn't even consider it. The work area will turn into a nasty junk area and the value of your house will go down. Even is you clean it up the floor is going to always be nasty.

You probably are and you can probably make it work. Sure hope so. Mine would look like crap in a few months.I'd have ever old piece of equipment on the place parked in the yard

What's wrong with that? Less grass that can grow.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

pricefarm
GURU
GURU

Postby pricefarm » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:02 pm

Well I changed my mind about the garge and just build a work shop. It's 20x40 with 12 ft ceiling and a 14 foot wide garge door. I would have like to went wider and alittle longer but I build it behind my house and with the property line and septic tank that's as big as I could get it. It's big enough to get any of my equipment in to work on. It's fully Insulated and Iam going to but in some kind of natural gas heat in it.

1 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Nice! I could sure use something like that.
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:40 pm

You will have that full before you know it........
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:04 am

i had a similar size one at a place i had before. mine was insulated as well.. only took the jet heater about 10 minutes to have it really nice.
0 x

Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”