No back up or Alley stop

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Re: No back up or Alley stop

Postby BRYANT » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:14 am

ez14. wrote:I've seen one like this used

Should be able to make one pretty easy

I made mine like that but longer and wider I also have a chain welded on it so I can adjust it to fit the cattle I am working. I can make it work on 2000 lb. bulls or 350 lb. calves or I can lift it up and hook it to where its not even down in the alley. stick a pipe in front of it and it will work as a stop to where they can't even go up the alley if needed
0 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:27 pm

dun wrote:I hate them. When we used them I was always banging my head on them if I had to get in the alley for anything. Now I just use the pipe method.

Pipe works here too....or a post.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:48 pm

TexasBred wrote:
dun wrote:I hate them. When we used them I was always banging my head on them if I had to get in the alley for anything. Now I just use the pipe method.

Pipe works here too....or a post.

I second (or third I guess) the pipe. We actually got a smoothed off 1 inch thick, 6 foot long fiberglass "rod" from the guy who semen tests bulls for me and I wish i had another. It doesn't shed fibers into your hand and is light enough to throw around in a hurry, but will hold if one of our cows or bulls (several over a ton) ram into it. They have tried, but cannot break it. I'm sure that eventually, it will succumb to age, but so far (3 years of nearly daily use) and it is holding up. I wish I had more of them...
1 x
Boot Jack Cattle LLC & Boot Jack Boers

Tbrake
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Tbrake » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:20 pm

Glad I’m not the only one. Broke my Oakley sunglasses in half I was wearing on top of my head.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:00 am

Tbrake wrote:

Glad I’m not the only one. Broke my Oakley sunglasses in half I was wearing on top of my head.

Your not supposed to be in the chute the cattle are.
0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:34 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
Tbrake wrote:

DAM, that's what I'm doing wrong. I suppose I'm not supposed to stick my head through the head gate and have them catch me either!
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:55 pm

dun wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
Tbrake wrote:

DAM, that's what I'm doing wrong. I suppose I'm not supposed to stick my head through the head gate and have them catch me either!

The cows catch you???? Or is that how the wife restrains you?

Ken
1 x

Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”