New Post Driver

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: New Post Driver

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:02 pm

callmefence wrote:
ddd75 wrote:yea.. all that jerking around and moving the post.. you have a pretty hollered hole at tthe end..

i've drove about 500 posts with one of those hammers.. it does pound them in through anything .. you are right.

not letting the weight rise as much seems to be the best way.

500 wow....
Thanks for your highly appreciated advice ddd.
Did you notice the post twang when the driver come off. Im thinking she might be stuck in there pretty good...but what would I know.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it had been any tighter you could have played it like a banjo.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:47 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
callmefence wrote:My tax deduction for the year in action.
As usual not the best video. But not much time put in it. The first post is driven 4' deep the second is driven 5'. There's about 2' of topsoil then near solid limestone.
Notice no bouncing or twisting. I still can't believe what this driver is capable of driving through.

https://youtu.be/KM_yUdY918M

The first post went in a faster. Was the limestone more weathered in the second hole?

Do you have a set of bubbles that you watch to get the post plumb?

Nice machine. The driver doesn't travel very far on each drop. Looks like a one man operation. Is this driver setup for only metal posts?

Some simply drive easier than others.

This modern machine uses a ancient device known as a plumb Bob. Used by the ancient egyptians, Greeks,and Romans. The first plumb bobs were made of stone and wood. In later times they were cast of lead, it's this that gave the plumb bob it's name. "Plumbum being Latin for lead. And in turn gave the vertical measurement the name plumb.
Mine is simply a piece of chain.

Plumb Bob is also used in slang for a person who stays in middle and tries to please everyone. Plays both sides if you will.......
1 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:48 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
As usual not the best video. But not much time put in it. The first post is driven 4' deep the second is driven 5'. There's about 2' of topsoil then near solid limestone.
Notice no bouncing or twisting. I still can't believe what this driver is capable of driving through.

I'm just glad to see that Donna let you have a new phone!

Same phone..
0 x

David Crockett

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:50 pm

hey fence, beers on me man, I think you need one.
1 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:00 pm

Bright Raven wrote:

The first post went in a faster. Was the limestone more weathered in the second hole?

Nice machine. The driver doesn't travel very far on each drop. Looks like a one man operation. Is this driver setup for only metal posts?

I would have to look it up but at full stroke the wieght travels farther than most ibeam and pile-driver style drivers when you average it out.
I'd say around 48" for the entire drive. Start to finish. If you have a skid steer you don't have to be a professional to justify the cost either. And it's actually marketed for driving wood post.
0 x

David Crockett

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:07 pm

callmefence wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

I would have to look it up but at full stroke the wieght travels farther than most ibeam and pile-driver style drivers when you average it out.
I'd say around 48" for the entire drive. Start to finish. If you have a skid steer you don't have to be a professional to justify the cost either. And it's actually marketed for driving wood post.

Thanks. I like that machine. I could not see real well. I thought it had a shorter stroke.

One man can do it all. That is nice.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:13 pm

ddd75 wrote:hey fence, beers on me man, I think you need one.

I'll pm you the gate code. Bring more than one.
1 x

David Crockett

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:20 pm

0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:31 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6vWJal2OOE

Another good video thanks.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ez14.
GURU
GURU

Postby ez14. » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:29 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6vWJal2OOE

Now that's some fast post driving!
1 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:32 am

Nice work on the video.
1 x

David Crockett

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:36 am

0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:44 am

We liked the first one so much, we have 5 more on the way. One of them is to add to our inventory/fence crew, and we are pretty excited to get it here. We made some changes to make it a better fit for the US market, and also were able to design a few options that will be quite handy for what we do. I've included pics of the 200 amp onboard welder, from concept to reality. Also have a hydraulic sleeve for driving T posts in hard ground without needing a second piece of equipment. Have a hydraulic wire winder on one of them for rolling up old wire, and of course, all the standard bells and whistles.

This is the new EVO Compact. About a thousand pounds lighter than the EVO 1, and with a 26 HP Yanmar, it comes in below the EPA tier 4 requirements for DPF systems.

3 of the 5.

1 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:07 am

awesome!
1 x

ez14.
GURU
GURU

Postby ez14. » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:21 am

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:We liked the first one so much, we have 5 more on the way. One of them is to add to our inventory/fence crew, and we are pretty excited to get it here. We made some changes to make it a better fit for the US market, and also were able to design a few options that will be quite handy for what we do. I've included pics of the 200 amp onboard welder, from concept to reality. Also have a hydraulic sleeve for driving T posts in hard ground without needing a second piece of equipment. Have a hydraulic wire winder on one of them for rolling up old wire, and of course, all the standard bells and whistles.

This is the new EVO Compact. About a thousand pounds lighter than the EVO 1, and with a 26 HP Yanmar, it comes in below the EPA tier 4 requirements for DPF systems.

3 of the 5.

do employees get to borrow equipment?
0 x

Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”