Rubber tire tanks

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
Turkeybird
Cowhand
Cowhand

Rubber tire tanks

Postby Turkeybird » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:57 pm

Looking for rubber tire tanks in the southeast, anyone know any sources
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Re: Rubber tire tanks

Postby M-5 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:11 pm

I make my own.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:32 pm

M-5 wrote:I make my own.

Dash, how bout give us a brief explanation of the process.
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:37 pm

http://giantrubberwatertanks.com
This guy comes to South Carolina a few times a year and shears seconds form the Michelin commercial tire plant.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:07 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:http://giantrubberwatertanks.com
This guy comes to South Carolina a few times a year and shears seconds form the Michelin commercial tire plant.

Ever priced them?
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:15 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:

Ever priced them?

Yes cheap less than $300 picked up. I'm planning on buying a few and picking them up myself in SC with no shipping cost. I'll haul a couple back for you if your interested.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:19 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:

Ever priced them?

Yes cheap less than $300 picked up. I'm planning on buying a few and picking them up myself in SC with no shipping cost. I'll haul a couple back for you if your interested.

May take you up on that. I need two. I will compensate you for your trouble. Diesel ain’t cheap. I will call you this week and we will work out the details.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:12 am

JMJ Farms wrote:

go to a large tire dealer and ask about used tractor tires they will give you any they have just for you to haul them off . They pay to have them disposed of. take a sawsall and cut out the sidewall . (tractors tires take all of 2 min to cut out ) set the tire where you want it put a pipe in center for a hudson valve or put a standard float on the side. 4 bags of quikcrete pack first bag under sidewall lip good and fill the hole up packing it down as you go. fill with water . I would keep cows off of it a day or 2 too let it set up.
1 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:38 pm

M-5 wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:

go to a large tire dealer and ask about used tractor tires they will give you any they have just for you to haul them off . They pay to have them disposed of. take a sawsall and cut out the sidewall . (tractors tires take all of 2 min to cut out ) set the tire where you want it put a pipe in center for a hudson valve or put a standard float on the side. 4 bags of quikcrete pack first bag under sidewall lip good and fill the hole up packing it down as you go. fill with water . I would keep cows off of it a day or 2 too let it set up.

Thank you for the directions Darryl.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:25 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
M-5 wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:

I did a thread a couple years ago and but the photos were on photobucket so they don't show up. That was made out of a skidder tire which i do not recommend. I also bolted a disk to the center and water proofed it so I could move if necessary. (it is still where i set it back then ) . I installed another one a few months ago out of a tractor tire and from the time I unloaded it and had water running in it was about 45 min. I like to put them in the middle of fences so each field has access. i also just use the cast metal over the edge valves just straighten the legs out and drill 2 extra holes and screw it to the sidewall.
0 x

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:03 pm

M-5 wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
M-5 wrote:

I did a thread a couple years ago and but the photos were on photobucket so they don't show up. That was made out of a skidder tire which i do not recommend. I also bolted a disk to the center and water proofed it so I could move if necessary. (it is still where i set it back then ) . I installed another one a few months ago out of a tractor tire and from the time I unloaded it and had water running in it was about 45 min. I like to put them in the middle of fences so each field has access. i also just use the cast metal over the edge valves just straighten the legs out and drill 2 extra holes and screw it to the sidewall.

I’ve got some old tractor tires lying around. I’m gonna see what kind of mess I can make. Will post pics.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:21 pm

2 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:04 am

There was a lot of coal strip jobs around here that you could get all you want for about free. Now I don't know with coals demise. I like mine for the float box to be underground with about zero maintenance as I have several like this. The ones I got are from 32 ply upto 36 ply as they will last longer than I need.

0 x

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Same as mine and I am gonna add 3 more this fall.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:03 am

0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”