Concrete with self treated wood posts

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Re: Concrete with self treated wood posts

Postby BRYANT » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:25 pm

I put post 10' apart and don't like wood anytime or place T post and pipe
1 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

JHALL
Beginner
Beginner

Postby JHALL » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:55 pm

BRYANT wrote:I put post 10' apart and don't like wood anytime or place T post and pipe

Thanks.

I was planning on 10 feet spacing, just wanted to hear what others had done.

What do you guys do for stretching the high tensile stuff? It says on the packaging that no stretching is needed, to just pull it tight. What do you guys do?
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:24 pm

JHALL wrote:
BRYANT wrote:I put post 10' apart and don't like wood anytime or place T post and pipe

Thanks.

What do you guys do for stretching the high tensile stuff? It says on the packaging that no stretching is needed, to just pull it tight. What do you guys do?

Use good wire and pull it tight(er).
1 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:55 pm

JHALL wrote:

Thanks.

Stretch the he// out of it.
Build a very good brace. Tpost every 12 foot pipe stiffner post every 96 feet. Just make sure you don't cut corners on the brace. Especially on depth. Use good quality wire and stretch it tight. Then pull a little more.
Read through the tip and tricks thread
1 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

JHALL
Beginner
Beginner

Postby JHALL » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:05 pm

callmefence wrote:
JHALL wrote:

Thanks.

Stretch the he// out of it.
Build a very good brace. Tpost every 12 foot pipe stiffner post every 96 feet. Just make sure you don't cut corners on the brace. Especially on depth. Use good quality wire and stretch it tight. Then pull a little more.
Read through the tip and tricks thread

Thanks for the response.

Braces are 4” pipe (H-brace with four horizontal bars) approx 4 feet in the ground, with concrete.

I’m using the Baekert (sp?) Gaucho 15.5 gauge high tensile wire. From what I’ve read on here and other places it’s good, not great. It was either that or the Red Brand 12.5 gauge stuff (only choices I had locally). I have some 7-8’ hedge posts to place after every 6-7 t-posts.

I’m planning on buying some medium gripples and the tool. I assume it’s ok to stretch the wire after installing a gripples to join the two strands (that the gripple is strong enough)?
0 x

Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”