Anybody else like beet roots?

From the latest tomato tips to sweetcorn calamities, share your experiences in the garden.
jltrent
GURU
GURU

Re: Anybody else like beet roots?

Post by jltrent » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:22 pm

Chocolate Cow2 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:11 pm
My Mom would hard boil eggs and put them in the pickled beet juice after we'd eaten the beets. I have my Grandmother's recipe. Love 'em. My chiropractor is a big advocate of them. Says they decrease joint inflammation/arthritis.
I have a couple of jars with juice left in them as I think I may try that....I agree on the decreased joint inflammation/arthritis as I believe they do help. Also it maybe the sugar in them as I don't put near what it calls for, but if I am feeling tired it seems a few beets do perk you up a little.

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Post by Stocker Steve » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:16 pm

I bought three semi loads of beet roots this winter. It took about four days, but then the girls just loved them. They got very excited every time the loader tractor started up. Unfortunately, it snowed every other day so there was a lot of disappointment...

The things I have noticed are that beet roots are very good for hair, but they can easily over soften stools. Everything in moderation.
Stocker Steve

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Post by jltrent » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:08 am

Stocker Steve wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:16 pm
I bought three semi loads of beet roots this winter. It took about four days, but then the girls just loved them. They got very excited every time the loader tractor started up. Unfortunately, it snowed every other day so there was a lot of disappointment...

The things I have noticed are that beet roots are very good for hair, but they can easily over soften stools. Everything in moderation.
I bet you have some big healthy girls....