Summer Garden 2018

From the latest tomato tips to sweetcorn calamities, share your experiences in the garden.
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Summer Garden 2018

Postby Jogeephus » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:39 pm

Sky if you weren't so tight with the fertilizer you could grow them like this.

0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:06 am

Jogeephus wrote:Sky if you weren't so tight with the fertilizer you could grow them like this.

There is always next year :lol: I thought I was doing something with the triple 19
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:58 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:Sky if you weren't so tight with the fertilizer you could grow them like this.

There is always next year :lol: I thought I was doing something with the triple 19

And that's just a small one. A dwarf. A midget. :cowboy: :cowboy: :lol2:

I can't take credit for this beauty. My neighbor's son grew it in their garden. BUT ... if you want .... I can get you some of the fertilizer they used. It'll be expensive but well worth it. ;-) :lol:
1 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:22 am

George Washington Carver working with sweet potatoes. I think that he developed a strain that was refereed to as a good one for cattle feed. Here is a list of products that can be made with a sweet potato.

https://www.tuskegee.edu/support-tu/geo ... o-products
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:20 pm

hurleyjd wrote:George Washington Carver working with sweet potatoes. I think that he developed a strain that was refereed to as a good one for cattle feed. Here is a list of products that can be made with a sweet potato.

https://www.tuskegee.edu/support-tu/geo ... o-products

he did some remarkable things
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Return to “Gardening”