No no no.... Not today

Got a calving or breeding question? Get an answer.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

No no no.... Not today

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:42 pm

Got every other new calf Saturday tagged and again she's tricked me no way she's letting me near her baby....again

0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Re: No no no.... Not today

Postby TCRanch » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:08 am

She's the spittin' image in looks & demeanor of a cow I had named Satan. She came by that name honestly. Good luck getting that one tagged - safely!
1 x

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:09 am

We had a cow that was like that but after her calf got to be 3-4 weeks old, would come right up and want to be fed and the calf learned quick to come through the creep gate and get a little grain when I fed. As long as it is the only one, you will know who it belongs to....
2 x

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Postby 1982vett » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:41 am

Lol....if you’ve got evert other calf tagged there is no reason to tag that one....it’s ID is the one without a tag..... :) and the two most likely won’t be very far apart. :D
2 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:32 am

TCRanch wrote:She's the spittin' image in looks & demeanor of a cow I had named Satan. She came by that name honestly. Good luck getting that one tagged - safely!

I wont fool with it as its not where I have a working facility and will be sold anyway so ill leave it be. She isn't mean but she sure isn't the friendliest cow ever.

farmerjan wrote:We had a cow that was like that but after her calf got to be 3-4 weeks old, would come right up and want to be fed and the calf learned quick to come through the creep gate and get a little grain when I fed. As long as it is the only one, you will know who it belongs to....

This cow is a pain she doesn't like people at all and stays away but will come up for feed but you definitely cant put you hand on her at all.

1982vett wrote:Lol....if you’ve got evert other calf tagged there is no reason to tag that one....it’s ID is the one without a tag..... :) and the two most likely won’t be very far apart. :D

Yea when it gets sold this fall wont get anymore with a tag than without.
2 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

MtnCows93
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby MtnCows93 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:26 pm

i dont tag because half of them get ripped out when they go in the woods/thicket, its a crapshoot either way for me
0 x

Return to “Breeding / Calving Issues”