Hooks Beacon 56B Calf

Got a calving or breeding question? Get an answer.
Post Reply
User avatar
Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10281
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 736 times
Been thanked: 769 times

Hooks Beacon 56B Calf

Post by Bright Raven » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:05 am

Dam of the Beacon calf is a heifer. She was raised here. She is a big heifer. The biggest heifer I have in production, however, there is a yearling Broadway heifer out there in the pasture (sold, waiting to breed), that will be noticeably bigger. Her Dam is a STF Shocking Dream and her sire is Live Ammo.

Dam: Priceless
Sire: Hooks Beacon 56B
DOB: 10/08/2019. Right at the break of dawn.
Gestation: 283 days.
Weight: 81 pounds.
Heifer
Image
Image

Hooks Beacon 56B
Image

Beacon is a purebred sire that leads the breed for All Purpose Index.
One of the traits I liked is his feet. Big well formed feet and structure with extra heel. Plus DNA tested homozygous black, homozygous polled, PB SM.


"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
Bovine breeder
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:11 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Hooks Beacon 56B Calf

Post by Bovine breeder » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:20 am

Awesome. I saw some beacons last week that were coming on a month old. They were already shaping up nicely.

User avatar
Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10281
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 736 times
Been thanked: 769 times

Re: Hooks Beacon 56B Calf

Post by Bright Raven » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:28 am

Bovine breeder wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:20 am
Awesome. I saw some beacons last week that were coming on a month old. They were already shaping up nicely.
Thanks. Beacon puts a lot of boost in the EPDs. I registered the calf 10 minutes ago. I like these EPDs. Whether you believe they are all "commotion and promotion" or not, the fact is, they help animals sell.

Image
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1464
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 388 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Re: Hooks Beacon 56B Calf

Post by sstterry » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:59 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:05 am
Dam of the Beacon calf is a heifer.
How can a Dam be a heifer?

User avatar
Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10281
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 736 times
Been thanked: 769 times

Re: Hooks Beacon 56B Calf

Post by Bright Raven » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:41 pm

sstterry wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:59 pm
Bright Raven wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:05 am
Dam of the Beacon calf is a heifer.
How can a Dam be a heifer?
Well. She was a heifer at 6 am this morning. Lol. I thought that was going to be confusing. Of course, the Dam is the heifer-that-was in the second picture. She is the mother of the calf in the first picture. She was breed to the bull via AI who is in the third picture to produce the calf that is in the first picture.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1464
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 388 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Re: Hooks Beacon 56B Calf

Post by sstterry » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:07 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:41 pm
sstterry wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:59 pm
Bright Raven wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:05 am
Dam of the Beacon calf is a heifer.
How can a Dam be a heifer?
Well. She was a heifer at 6 am this morning. Lol. I thought that was going to be confusing. Of course, the Dam is the heifer-that-was in the second picture. She is the mother of the calf in the first picture. She was breed to the bull via AI who is in the third picture to produce the calf that is in the first picture.
I understood what you meant!

Post Reply