Bright Raven

Got a calving or breeding question? Get an answer.
Aaron
GURU
GURU

Re: Bright Raven

Postby Aaron » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:28 am

How did Mac's sale go? How did the H2 Hummers sell? He was offering yearling H2's this year for the first time I think - I wasn't as impressed with them as the 2 year olds. Bull looks good.
0 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

gcreekrch
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby gcreekrch » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:27 am

Aaron wrote:How did Mac's sale go? How did the H2 Hummers sell? He was offering yearling H2's this year for the first time I think - I wasn't as impressed with them as the 2 year olds. Bull looks good.

I didn't attend Aaron. I did lose $20 on the ave pool we have every year by being the most pessimistic. I have won it once and have signed $20 bills from Mac and Ted Serienko. Only time I'll ever get cash out of them. Lol

Sale ave was $6295 on 395 bulls. Charolais ave $9100. They haven't posted sale results yet.

Yearling H2s have been there a few years now, I share your opinion, mostly because the Hereford side of them is polled from a cooperator.

Heard Bill sold a $55,000 Red Angus bull at his sale.
0 x
Vaccinations, cheaper than whiskey. ;-)

gcreekrch
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby gcreekrch » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:32 am

Allenw wrote:Good looking bull. I enjoyed looking at the sale catalog, consistent animals across the breeds.

It is quite an experience to attend the sale and see 400 bulls of several breeds with one man's idea of what cattle should be behind them. I have bought bulls there since 1993.
1 x

Aaron
GURU
GURU

Postby Aaron » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:17 am

gcreekrch wrote:
Aaron wrote:How did Mac's sale go? How did the H2 Hummers sell? He was offering yearling H2's this year for the first time I think - I wasn't as impressed with them as the 2 year olds. Bull looks good.

I didn't attend Aaron. I did lose $20 on the ave pool we have every year by being the most pessimistic. I have won it once and have signed $20 bills from Mac and Ted Serienko. Only time I'll ever get cash out of them. Lol

Sale ave was $6295 on 395 bulls. Charolais ave $9100. They haven't posted sale results yet.

Yearling H2s have been there a few years now, I share your opinion, mostly because the Hereford side of them is polled from a cooperator.

Very decent average for the times I think. Charolais is impressive average. I was under the impression that the 2 year old H2's came off horned cows, no?

Haven't heard anything about Bill's sale.
0 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

gcreekrch
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby gcreekrch » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:20 am

Aaron wrote:
gcreekrch wrote:

Very decent average for the times I think. Charolais is impressive average. I was under the impression that the 2 year old H2's came off horned cows, no?

Haven't heard anything about Bill's sale.

The two's yes, they are from Mac's own cows. The yearlings aren't.
0 x

Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU

Postby Supa Dexta » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:39 pm

Bulls were high 2 yrs back, lower last yr and appear to be high again this coming spring.. Glad I'm good for bulls this year... so far anyways.
0 x

Return to “Breeding / Calving Issues”