Backgrounding & feeding questions.
Chocolate Cow2
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Anyone using or used Mix 30

Postby Chocolate Cow2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:46 pm

Brute 23 wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Chocolate Cow2 wrote:TexasBred, I know that. I recently asked my dealer again about adding water. He said I won't compromise the quality by doing so-within reason of course. Yeah-so one says it's ok to add some water....I'd like to have the opinion of another who says they sell it. But I know what will be said! ;-)

Don't pay any attention to me. What do I know?? Ask someone that sells it. He'll load your boat in a heartbeat, full strength or watered down.

He probably PMed him already :lol:

Wow guys. I have not PM'd anyone. I started this mess by saying what my Mix 30 Rep told me. Truth is ---I really don't give a s#it. And just so you know...I'm a she NOT a he. :pretty: ;-)
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:52 pm

Chocolate Cow2 wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Don't pay any attention to me. What do I know?? Ask someone that sells it. He'll load your boat in a heartbeat, full strength or watered down.

Wow guys. I have not PM'd anyone. I started this mess by saying what my Mix 30 Rep told me. Truth is ---I really don't give a s#it. And just so you know...I'm a she NOT a he. :pretty: ;-)

Sorry I meant the salesman PMed you. Usually those people don't like to discuss that stuff on a public forum. :tiphat:
1 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:48 am

Brute 23 wrote:
Chocolate Cow2 wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:

Sorry I meant the salesman PMed you. Usually those people don't like to discuss that stuff on a public forum. :tiphat:

Brute maybe me and you can get in on the deal. Figure the watered down stuff will work for me. You may need the full strength stuff. ;-)
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

lap
Beginner
Beginner

Postby lap » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:31 pm

I sell and use it any questions?
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:09 pm

lap wrote:I sell and use it any questions?

Why would any dealer advise a customer to water it down??
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:18 pm

TexasBred wrote:

they make a concentrate TB and you have to water it down , maybe that's what she was using
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:37 pm

M-5 wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

they make a concentrate TB and you have to water it down , maybe that's what she was using

Maybe so. Waiting on the Mix-30 rep to chime in but no comments. Full strength the stuff is 55% water can't imagine adding more. Protein and energy would be so low it would hardly qualify to be called a supplement.
0 x

lap
Beginner
Beginner

Postby lap » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:49 am

TexasBred wrote:

I can't think of any reason to water it down. The fat content is so high it would separate in hours. It's thin enough to spray into a ration with a pump and a homemade pvc spray bar unless it's super cold.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:54 am

lap wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

I can't think of any reason to water it down. The fat content is so high it would separate in hours. It's thin enough to spray into a ration with a pump and a homemade pvc spray bar unless it's super cold.

I looked at a setup from a Southern States salesman a few years ago where he was injecting bales , he was buying the syrup in a big tote and would cut it with water when he put it in the injector tank , It was thick like syrup.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

lap
Beginner
Beginner

Postby lap » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:19 am

I have not injected mix 30. I think it could be injected without watering. The consistency is about like heavy motor oil. During Texas summer drought I have turned corn stalk bales up on end and pumped mix30 on top. In an hour it's soaked in. I use it as pasture supplement for momma cows,stockers, and free choice in starter yard.
0 x

Chocolate Cow2
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Chocolate Cow2 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:36 pm

Ok. I'm asking for forgiveness. I put out Mix 30 in an open top tank for some last calf heifers I bought. And-I added water...just like always...because I was told I could...250 gallons and about 15 gallons of water. The cows literally drank it. It's gone in a matter of a few days. Looks like the water screws up the limiter and probably everything else. For what it's worth.....Don't add water. :hide: 32 cows totally inhaled 260+ gallons in about 4 days. Sorta makes it expensive, doesn't it. :roll: I've always put it in roller tanks and never noticed over consumption but in an open tank, It's. Real. Ugly.
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:06 pm

Chocolate Cow2 wrote:Ok. I'm asking for forgiveness. I put out Mix 30 in an open top tank for some last calf heifers I bought. And-I added water...just like always...because I was told I could...250 gallons and about 15 gallons of water. The cows literally drank it. It's gone in a matter of a few days. Looks like the water screws up the limiter and probably everything else. For what it's worth.....Don't add water. :hide: 32 cows totally inhaled 260+ gallons in about 4 days. Sorta makes it expensive, doesn't it. :roll: I've always put it in roller tanks and never noticed over consumption but in an open tank, It's. Real. Ugly.

Now it makes since why the guy selling it said to add water. :)
2 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

Return to “Feedyard Board”