stinkin beaver...

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
User avatar
sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4883
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:17 pm
Location: Southern IL
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 266 times

Re: stinkin beaver...

Post by sim.-ang.king » Sat May 11, 2019 9:07 am

Marty Senneker, he wrote the book Mass Production Coyote Snaring.


“The dream is ended- this is the morning.”

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7501
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: stinkin beaver...

Post by Dave » Sat May 11, 2019 9:55 pm

sim.-ang.king wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:07 am
Marty Senneker, he wrote the book Mass Production Coyote Snaring.
I never heard of him or his book. But it has been a while since I was running the long line. But I bet I know some of his methods. Coyotes aren't that hard to snare. And there are a few things that will help a person to catch them in numbers.

User avatar
sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4883
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:17 pm
Location: Southern IL
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 266 times

Re: stinkin beaver...

Post by sim.-ang.king » Sat May 11, 2019 10:31 pm

Dave wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:55 pm
sim.-ang.king wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:07 am
Marty Senneker, he wrote the book Mass Production Coyote Snaring.
I never heard of him or his book. But it has been a while since I was running the long line. But I bet I know some of his methods. Coyotes aren't that hard to snare. And there are a few things that will help a person to catch them in numbers.
We can't land snare in IL, we can in water, but I usually just go with a coni for water trapping.
Have you had any luck catching those cats that have been prowling around?
“The dream is ended- this is the morning.”

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7501
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: stinkin beaver...

Post by Dave » Sun May 12, 2019 7:46 am

sim.-ang.king wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:31 pm
Dave wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:55 pm
sim.-ang.king wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:07 am
Marty Senneker, he wrote the book Mass Production Coyote Snaring.
I never heard of him or his book. But it has been a while since I was running the long line. But I bet I know some of his methods. Coyotes aren't that hard to snare. And there are a few things that will help a person to catch them in numbers.
We can't land snare in IL, we can in water, but I usually just go with a coni for water trapping.
Have you had any luck catching those cats that have been prowling around?
No, the snow left, the deer moved back up into the hills, and the cats followed them. I am sure we will have the occasional one here but not like when all the deer were concentrated right behind the house.

Post Reply