Muzzleloading season

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Muzzleloading season

Post by skyhightree1 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:52 pm

Deer are acting different this year taking the opposite trails as they normally do season is really weird so far I did smoke a 8 pntr yesterday evening so I won't starve.

Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Muzzleloading season

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:15 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:52 pm
Deer are acting different this year taking the opposite trails as they normally do season is really weird so far I did smoke a 8 pntr yesterday evening so I won't starve.
Pics please.
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

DCA farm
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by DCA farm » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:26 pm

They are rutting around here I shot this one following a doe he had his nose to the ground when he poked his head out in the lane

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Post by skyhightree1 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:31 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:15 pm
skyhightree1 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:52 pm
Pics please.
Nothing big I'm still working on the pic thing but here's a video I did

Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:28 am

DCA farm wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:26 pm
They are rutting around here I shot this one following a doe he had his nose to the ground when he poked his head out in the lane
Nice!
We just started gun, muzzle loading isn’t until January .
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

JW IN VA
Rancher
Rancher

Post by JW IN VA » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:04 am

Nice to know you won't starve.
Not everything your neighbors do is wrong-Not everything they do is right,either.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Post by skyhightree1 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:59 am

JW IN VA wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:04 am
Nice to know you won't starve.
Are y'all hunting this Saturday?

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Post by farmerjan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:41 am

I know it's hunting season, there were quite a few out for bow season, muzzleloader was in and now rifle is in. I don't hunt, used to do a little, but all the deer I ever get are with the vehicle.
Did see something I have never seen, all the years in farming, around and in the woods/fields. A young buck was following a doe the other day, right into the middle of one of our 10+ acre hayfields. All of a sudden she stopped, and he mounted her right there, in the middle of the field, at about 11 a.m.. Okay, I know they breed and all, but have never seen it and he had absolutely no care for anything except that female right there at that time. I always believed and was told, that they would prefer to be more "hidden" when actually breeding. Just thought it was odd. Then, in a couple minutes, they were loping off towards the end of the field and into the scrub.

Saw 5 dead on the interstate the other day, headed south in a 50 mile stretch. Then saw 7 on the northbound side about 2 hours later. The VDOT crews have been putting in alot of time just picking up deer kills along the road. We seem to have an over abundance. Sure hope the hunters get a whole bunch this year ; I hit and rolled one the other day, but it got up and ran off, wasn't going fast and it didn't do more than crack the lens of the signal light on the truck. But I hit at least 1 a year ( or rather they mostly all run into me)