Revolver

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
User avatar
snoopdog
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1614
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:16 am
Location: ne oklahoma
Has thanked: 822 times
Been thanked: 294 times

Re: Revolver

Post by snoopdog » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:12 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:39 pm
sim.-ang.king wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:30 pm
Ruger single-six convertible. Comes with a 22lr and 22mag cylinder.
I like Ruger have several.
Me too, leaning that way


Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

User avatar
snoopdog
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1614
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:16 am
Location: ne oklahoma
Has thanked: 822 times
Been thanked: 294 times

Re: Revolver

Post by snoopdog » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:13 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:39 pm
sim.-ang.king wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:30 pm
Ruger single-six convertible. Comes with a 22lr and 22mag cylinder.
I like Ruger have several.
Me too, leaning that way
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

User avatar
snoopdog
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1614
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:16 am
Location: ne oklahoma
Has thanked: 822 times
Been thanked: 294 times

Re: Revolver

Post by snoopdog » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:15 pm

sorry for the double post
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

User avatar
snoopdog
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1614
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:16 am
Location: ne oklahoma
Has thanked: 822 times
Been thanked: 294 times

Re: Revolver

Post by snoopdog » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:19 pm

Dave wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:11 am
I have an H & R model 950 9 shot revolver. A lot less expensive than most others mentioned. It has been a real good gun for me. That was my trapping gun. It has put an end to a ton of critters. There is also a Ruger 22 lr/22 mag that has been mentioned. Somebody lost the 22 lr cylinder so it is just the 22 mag. And the wife's snake gun in similar to the one Nesi showed. Except it is in 22 lr and it has a 2 inch barrel. Handy for her as she can just drop it in her pants pocket.
Do you have an amateur radio call sign?
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

Bcompton53
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:03 pm
Location: Kansas
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: Revolver

Post by Bcompton53 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:37 pm

I personally had a heritage rough rider 22, about 15 years ago, and it was a serious piece of junk. I bought it new, and parts would literally come loose constantly. Now, they could be gems now days, I don’t know. I carry a ruger bearcat if I want a .22 and a bond arms 410/45 for snakes. I love the bond. I carry it on the farm all the time.

User avatar
snoopdog
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1614
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:16 am
Location: ne oklahoma
Has thanked: 822 times
Been thanked: 294 times

Re: Revolver

Post by snoopdog » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:20 pm

jltrent wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:03 am
Here is a nice .22 that will fit in your pocket and remove easy with the concealed trigger. Should work good for pest control. Your wife will like it too.

CHARTER ARMS PATHFINDER PINK LITE DOUBLE/SINGLE ACTION REVOLVER IN 22 WITH A 2" STAINLESS BARREL, PINK ANODIZED FINISH FRAME, FIXED SIGHTS AND RUBBER GRIPS, COMES WITH A FIRED CASE.



Image
Haha, reminds me of a thing that happened a few years ago. Me and the wife don't share firearms. Anyway I was getting a new phone, fancy smancy model, and I wanted a cover(otter box or whatever they call em), well the guy tells me that the only one he has is pink. Nice looking young lady waiting in the background the whole time the guy is schooling this old geezer on his new phone, transferring etc etc., being very patient. I said "that's fine", he said "are you sure?", and I said "be nice yes I'm sure, I carry a .45, I don't give a be nice what color it is", little snicker in the background. He actually had gotten a ups delivery, and hadn't opened it, did and gave me a grey one, but her smile was priceless.
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

Dirt Farmer
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:12 am
Location: Western Oklahoma
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Revolver

Post by Dirt Farmer » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:36 am

I bought a Heritage Rough Rider bout five years ago. It’s the least accurate gun I’ve ever owned, by far. It wore out quick and I sold it cheap just so I wouldn’t have to look at it anymore.

User avatar
FarmerShell
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 866
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 647 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: Revolver

Post by FarmerShell » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:58 pm

Image
I like the engraved ones like the old cowboy western style. Not always about looks but they sure are pretty. I'd buy 2 one on each hip . 🔫🔫🤣 I'd walk in Walmart like I came out the western movie. 🤡🤣

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8476
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon
Been thanked: 738 times

Re: Revolver

Post by Dave » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:18 pm

FarmerShell wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:58 pm
Image
I like the engraved ones like the old cowboy western style. Not always about looks but they sure are pretty. I'd buy 2 one on each hip . 🔫🔫🤣 I'd walk in Walmart like I came out the western movie. 🤡🤣
Walk into Walmart with one on each hip and your corona mask on you had better hope they defunded the police. Otherwise you might have some explaining to do.

User avatar
FarmerShell
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 866
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 647 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: Revolver

Post by FarmerShell » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:48 pm

Dave wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:18 pm
FarmerShell wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:58 pm
Image
I like the engraved ones like the old cowboy western style. Not always about looks but they sure are pretty. I'd buy 2 one on each hip . 🔫🔫🤣 I'd walk in Walmart like I came out the western movie. 🤡🤣
Walk into Walmart with one on each hip and your corona mask on you had better hope they defunded the police. Otherwise you might have some explaining to do.
Naw thats the day I wear the bandana for the mask and gloves. 🤡🤣 I'm totally joking!!!

Funny when this all started around here everybody didn't have actually mask and was wearing bandanas or anything for mask. I was thinking every time I went to the grocery we looked like a bunch of robbers or something. 😁🤣🤷🏽‍♀️ Only time in history it was okay to wear a mask in public and gloves and not get questioned.

Again I'm joking!!!

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8476
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon
Been thanked: 738 times

Re: Revolver

Post by Dave » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:42 pm

FarmerShell wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:48 pm
Dave wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:18 pm
FarmerShell wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:58 pm
Image
I like the engraved ones like the old cowboy western style. Not always about looks but they sure are pretty. I'd buy 2 one on each hip . 🔫🔫🤣 I'd walk in Walmart like I came out the western movie. 🤡🤣
Walk into Walmart with one on each hip and your corona mask on you had better hope they defunded the police. Otherwise you might have some explaining to do.
Naw thats the day I wear the bandana for the mask and gloves. 🤡🤣 I'm totally joking!!!

Funny when this all started around here everybody didn't have actually mask and was wearing bandanas or anything for mask. I was thinking every time I went to the grocery we looked like a bunch of robbers or something. 😁🤣🤷🏽‍♀️ Only time in history it was okay to wear a mask in public and gloves and not get questioned.

Again I'm joking!!!
I hadn't wore a mask but once. That was to a doctor appointment where it was required. Go to the store and only about 10% of the people had a mask. But then our stupid governor required them starting yesterday. I under stand it over in Portland (300 miles away) but here in wide open country with very very few people it is a joke. I have a silk "wild rag" that I wear on cold winter days. I plan on using that for my mask.

User avatar
FarmerShell
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 866
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 647 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: Revolver

Post by FarmerShell » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:43 pm



This was me way back when this stuff first started. There wasn't any mask available to public, people around here was wearing anything to cover their faces.

Pantyhole aka silk or mask doesn't really seem like it does much if I can still smell peoples perfume and cigarette smoke. Hey I wear it and stick my tongue out at people. 😝 😷🤣🤡 I could be making all kind of faces under the mask and nobody knows but myself. 🤩😂😆

Post Reply