Shotguns

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Shotguns

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:56 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Well I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but if you don't have a Beretta or Benelli you don't have a real shotgun. There's a big difference between a shotgun and a scatter gun.

That’s like the little boy that kissed the calf on the a$$ everyone to the own taste.
I have shot them don’t care for either.
The only new foreign made shotgun I have found I like is a Winchester SXP.

At least the safety is in the right spot on a Beretta.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:33 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
M.Magis wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Well I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but if you don't have a Beretta or Benelli you don't have a real shotgun. There's a big difference between a shotgun and a scatter gun.

I don’t much care what you want to call it. In the thousands upon thousand of rounds I’ve shot, my old 1100 has never once failed to cycle. Or hit where I aim for that matter. Thats really all I care about. Impressing people doesn’t really matter to me.

I assume you haven't been to Argentina shooting doves with your 1100? I have a couple of 1100 myself and at one time they were my go to shotguns. I need a gun that hits where I aim without fail. I can't impress anyone with my shooting.

We shot competitive skeet, traps, ect for years with 1100s... thousands and thousands of rounds. We have a couple of 1100s that have been handed down through no less than 6 cousins all shooting skeet and trap.

I tell people they need to focus more on their skills than the gun. I go on some big dove hunts every year and there are always guys showing up with new guns hoping to fix their shooting. One year when the be nice matches over guns got out of hand I got them to line all their guns up on the rack. I walked down the line and busted skeet with all of them basically to prove the point. Only one old Winchester pump some guy dragged out of the closet gave me fits and we patterned it with some plywood the next day. It was screwed up.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:48 pm

Brute 23 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
M.Magis wrote:I don’t much care what you want to call it. In the thousands upon thousand of rounds I’ve shot, my old 1100 has never once failed to cycle. Or hit where I aim for that matter. Thats really all I care about. Impressing people doesn’t really matter to me.

I assume you haven't been to Argentina shooting doves with your 1100? I have a couple of 1100 myself and at one time they were my go to shotguns. I need a gun that hits where I aim without fail. I can't impress anyone with my shooting.

We shot competitive skeet, traps, ect for years with 1100s... thousands and thousands of rounds. We have a couple of 1100s that have been handed down through no less than 6 cousins all shooting skeet and trap.

I tell people they need to focus more on their skills than the gun. I go on some big dove hunts every year and there are always guys showing up with new guns hoping to fix their shooting. One year when the be nice matches over guns got out of hand I got them to line all their guns up on the rack. I walked down the line and busted skeet with all of them basically to prove the point. Only one old Winchester pump some guy dragged out of the closet gave me fits and we patterned it with some plywood the next day. It was screwed up.

I shot competition trap for years loved it. The most important part is finding a shotgun length of pull and drop of comb fits you. Winchester and Browning work for me.
I can shoot the 870 difference is I will bust 9 or 10 less out of a 100.
0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:34 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:I assume you haven't been to Argentina shooting doves with your 1100? I have a couple of 1100 myself and at one time they were my go to shotguns. I need a gun that hits where I aim without fail. I can't impress anyone with my shooting.

I shot competition trap for years loved it. The most important part is finding a shotgun length of pull and drop of comb fits you. Winchester and Browning work for me.

No doubt. I don't debate that you always shoot best what fits best. I do debate that certain brands are always the best for every one.
1 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:58 am

Got that right Brute.
All the American pumps go back to Browning, other designers tweaked his
designs. The Winchester Model 97 and 12 stayed true to Brownings design through there production history.
The Remington Model 17 morphed into several models.
0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:09 am

Brute 23 wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:

No doubt. I don't debate that you always shoot best what fits best. I do debate that certain brands are always the best for every one.

That's a fact Brute, I shoot a Ruger Red Label the best on clays, which isn't very good. But in the field actually hunting I can't hit anything with it. I think I worry about running out of shells or something, my son says I'm aiming instead of shooting.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”