"hunter" mistakes woman for a deer. Kills her.

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

"hunter" mistakes woman for a deer. Kills her.

Postby greybeard » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:17 pm

The word hunter in quotations for obvious reasons.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/national/new-y ... g-accident
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

TB521
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: "hunter" mistakes woman for a deer. Kills her.

Postby TB521 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:40 pm

I'm not sure anyone pays much attention to what they shoot. A guy shot a red stag a couple days ago thinking it was a deer
0 x

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:10 am

TB521 wrote:I'm not sure anyone pays much attention to what they shoot. A guy shot a red stag a couple days ago thinking it was a deer

You my friend could not be more wrong. just because you can find A FEW people that are bad, so called, hunters DOES NOT MEAN that all of us are. I will be 54 yrs. old in about 2 weeks and have not missed a deer season for 48 yrs. I was trained to hunt and hunt right and I DO PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT I SHOOT !!!!!!!! you can speak for your self and maybe your friends and maybe some dope head in your neck of the woods but as for me I KNOW WHAT I AM SHOOTING WHEN I PULL THE TRIGGER.
KB
0 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:38 am

AGAIN.... certainly not a first
A few years ago the white mittens a woman was wearing were mistaken for the white tail of a deer and a hunter
shot and killed her too.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:39 am

If the article I read today is accurate, the firearm used was a single shot handgun and the "deer" was approx 200 yards away. 200 yards, a handgun and after dark? Not something I'd want to trust my old eyes to tell the truth.

(I personally do not deer hunt nowadays, but have nothing at all against those that do)
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:11 am

greybeard wrote:If the article I read today is accurate, the firearm used was a single shot handgun and the "deer" was approx 200 yards away. 200 yards, a handgun and after dark? Not something I'd want to trust my old eyes to tell the truth.

(I personally do not deer hunt nowadays, but have nothing at all against those that do)

And only 100 yards from the house?
When I saw this story earlier I was so pizzed off. Hope they get the jerk for at least manslaughter and never let him own a firearm or get a hunting license again.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:19 am

Something sounds fishy. 200 yrds it a pretty good shot with a handgun. And after sunset.
1 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:57 am

Disgusting! I will second the suggestion of manslaughter.

Regarding hunters. I don't know statistics on how many identify their target before shooting but there is not a hunter on this board I dare say that cannot relate a story about some "hunter" shooting at "What I think was a Deer".

Here is my most recent: David my cousin brought his neighbor (a retired airline pilot) here to hunt deer. David got back early after shooting a doe. We were waiting in the shop. We heard 3 shots. When the pilot got back, David ask him if he got the deer. His response as best as I remember:

"I don't think so. I saw something black going into the woods and shot 3 times at it. I think it was a deer." David looked at me. No words were necessary. David said, "You do know Ron has black cows?" The pilot said, "no, not a cow, it was too small. I thought it was a deer in the shadows." David said, "You don't shoot unless you know it was a GD deer." David and I took the cub cadet and searched the area. No deer.

About a week later, I found the deer about 200 yards up the creek from where the guy said he shot.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:18 am

Bright Raven wrote:Disgusting! I will second the suggestion of manslaughter.

Regarding hunters. I don't know statistics on how many identify their target before shooting but there is not a hunter on this board I dare say that cannot relate a story about some "hunter" shooting at "What I think was a Deer".

Here is my most recent: David my cousin brought his neighbor (a retired airline pilot) here to hunt deer. David got back early after shooting a doe. We were waiting in the shop. We heard 3 shots. When the pilot got back, David ask him if he got the deer. His response as best as I remember:

"I don't think so. I saw something black going into the woods and shot 3 times at it. I think it was a deer." David looked at me. No words were necessary. David said, "You do know Ron has black cows?" The pilot said, "no, not a cow, it was too small. I thought it was a deer in the shadows." David said, "You don't shoot unless you know it was a GD deer." David and I took the cub cadet and searched the area. No deer.

About a week later, I found the deer about 200 yards up the creek from where the guy said he shot.

I'm so happy all my hunters use bows. Well, the ones with permission anyway. Poachers gonna poach.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:28 am

Craig Miller wrote:Something sounds fishy. 200 yrds it a pretty good shot with a handgun. And after sunset.

Agreed wonder if he was taking out his neighborhood problem..
Some messed up people out there.
0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:06 am

Craig Miller wrote:Something sounds fishy. 200 yrds it a pretty good shot with a handgun. And after sunset.

No problem Craig! He was holding it sideways..increases accuracy and distance..just ask Hollywood. :lol2:
2 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:06 am

Some people know allow hog hunts on their property in between deer season. They had 2 husband and wife couples come every year from up north. Couple years ago one guy shot the other on accident. Apparently they got out of the blind and split up. When one was walking back to the other the one guy shot the other as he crawled under a fence. The guy said he thought he was a hog. Killed the guy right there. They were long time friends and both were cops up north. :shock:
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:08 am

bball wrote:

No problem Craig! He was holding it sideways..increases accuracy and distance..just ask Hollywood. :lol2:

Yup, if your throw your arm forward toward the target as you shoot you can gain another 50 yds with a hand gun. :nod:
2 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:17 am

As most on here know I live in Okla. a lot of people in Okla. are football crazy, me I could care less. I read just last year that on opening day of Okla. deer gun season that there is more people in the woods deer hunting than there is at and OU, OSU, and Tulsa football game combined. That's a lot of people JUST IN OKLA. not counting all the other states and you hear of very few things like this happing. There is bad people in every group but does not mean all is. Everyone on here can probably tell of some idiot that did something stupid while SO CALLED HUNTING but does not mean all hunters are bad. There will be some nut case think we should band hunting now because of what this SO CALLED HUNTER did. It is always easy to go against something you don't do or care very little for. Wonder how many will be hurt today going to a football game because someone had to much to drink ? wonder how many will die today because some driver was texting, or drank one to many, or just was not watching where they were going. There will be so many killed in a car crash that it won't even make international news like this story has. The reason why this story has took off like it has is because it is not something that happens very often because a real hunter knows what he is shooting before he pulls the trigger. The liberal news lives for stories like this, they probably threw a party when they heard it. It contained guns and so called hunting two things they would love to stop now.
1 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:30 am

Here there are more shots from the road driving by than from a tree stand. Its really,bad.
2 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”