Olympics

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
slick4591
GURU
GURU

Re: Olympics

Postby slick4591 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:47 am

0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Son of Butch wrote:I don't know... reports out of Olympic Village is sex so hot few athletes want to leave.
Years ago after wall came down leaks from KGB files showed they were monitoring a beautiful top Russian
figure skater and her sex life was so active it was hard to believe she could walk let alone medal in figure skating.

Correction: It was East German figure skater Katrina Witt monitored by East German SSD out of fear of defection.
six time European Champion 1983-88 twice runner up and four time World Champion 83-88
Two Olympic gold medals in ladies singles '84 & '88

From Kindergarten on she attended a school that specialized in educating athletically gifted children.
She was recognized as being so good the East German Secret Service Dept started monitoring her in 1974 at age 9
and had compiled over 3,000 pages in her file by the time East Germany tumbled and Germany was reunified.

I found some photos of her from 1986 world championship, but I'm too unskilled to post them.
IF you don't remember her, believe me she was an absolute stunning beauty back in '86.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:07 pm

0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:10 pm

final medal count

Norway 38 - 13 gold
Germany 31 - 14
Canada 29 - 11
USA 23 - 9
Netherlands 20 - 8
Korea 17 - 5
0 x

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Postby Stocker Steve » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:38 am

Son of Butch wrote:Years ago after wall came down leaks from KGB files showed they were monitoring a beautiful top Russian
figure skater and her sex life was so active it was hard to believe she could walk let alone medal in figure skating.

Correction: It was East German figure skater Katrina Witt monitored by East German SSD[/quote]

And here I thought it was an uncover KGB operation to weaken opposing hockey teams :o
0 x
Stocker Steve

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:52 pm

Red Army is a fascinating movie about the 1980 loss to the Americans and the subsequent fall of the USSR through the eyes of a Slava Fetisov. It was interesting to see the role sports played in that, although it was minor, and how much control they exuded over their players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFuaBBsdEfA
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”