Dicks sporting goods

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11661
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Dicks sporting goods

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:33 pm

Craig Miller wrote:I think you underestimate the number of irrational paranoid zealots just on this board.


Oh no, not at all, I realize we are blessed with them. Fortunately they represent as small microcosm of the real world.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
Craig Miller
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:29 pm
Location: Nw Alabama

Re: Dicks sporting goods

Postby Craig Miller » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:36 pm

I meet people from all round the country at work and what I see is a bigger proportion than you I guess. Maybe you're more in touch with a diffrent group of people than I am.
0 x

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7426
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Dicks sporting goods

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:43 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Craig Miller wrote:I think you underestimate the number of irrational paranoid zealots just on this board.


Oh no, not at all, I realize we are blessed with them. Fortunately they represent as small microcosm of the real world.


What do you suggest we do feed them Grey Poupon mustard? You can't just cut and run your whole life, or can you?
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11661
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Dicks sporting goods

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:03 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Craig Miller wrote:I think you underestimate the number of irrational paranoid zealots just on this board.


Oh no, not at all, I realize we are blessed with them. Fortunately they represent as small microcosm of the real world.


What do you suggest we do feed them Grey Poupon mustard? You can't just cut and run your whole life, or can you?


I'm not the chickenchit who needs a gun to go to Kroger.
1 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Mod2
-
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:32 am

Re: Dicks sporting goods

Postby Mod2 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:10 pm

Keep it civil.
2 x

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11661
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Dicks sporting goods

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:35 pm

Mod2 wrote:Keep it civil.


Amen to that.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7426
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Dicks sporting goods

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:41 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Oh no, not at all, I realize we are blessed with them. Fortunately they represent as small microcosm of the real world.


What do you suggest we do feed them Grey Poupon mustard? You can't just cut and run your whole life, or can you?


I'm not the chickenchit who needs a gun to go to Kroger.


It was really dark that night, and we ate Hibachi and Sushi at the Chinese restaurant. I just wanted to be prepared in case I saw supper scampering around the dumpster I could trade it for the bill.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7253
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Dicks sporting goods

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:58 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
What do you suggest we do feed them Grey Poupon mustard? You can't just cut and run your whole life, or can you?


I'm not the chickenchit who needs a gun to go to Kroger.


It was really dark that night, and we ate Hibachi and Sushi at the Chinese restaurant. I just wanted to be prepared in case I saw supper scampering around the dumpster I could trade it for the bill.


That is funny. :D
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 16841
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Dicks sporting goods

Postby greybeard » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:09 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Craig Miller wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Time will tell but I have a hunch they won't miss a beat.


That's what target thought when they decided to allow men in women's bathrooms. Stock price fell. You should know that trader.

And now the price is highest it's been in over 2 years. Very little if any of this protest crap has any long term effects.

Not exactly. Not quite even quite back where they were in Nov '16.

Hard to say where they are going from here, but they, like almost everyone else took a hit in last month's 'correction;.

As far as Dicks Sporting Goods, I've never been in one. I do go to Academy since it's closest sporting goods store to me over in Porter.


Image
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9722
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Contact:

Re: Dicks sporting goods

Postby slick4591 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:19 pm

Been in Dick's one time and saw the internet was much less expensive.
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:25 pm

Re: Dicks sporting goods

Postby jehosofat » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:42 pm

slick4591 wrote:Been in Dick's one time and saw the internet was much less expensive.


In a nushell, that's what I said earlier, but it got deleted.
0 x

User avatar
Craig Miller
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:29 pm
Location: Nw Alabama

Re: Dicks sporting goods

Postby Craig Miller » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:50 pm

greybeard wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Craig Miller wrote:
That's what target thought when they decided to allow men in women's bathrooms. Stock price fell. You should know that trader.

And now the price is highest it's been in over 2 years. Very little if any of this protest crap has any long term effects.

Not exactly. Not quite even quite back where they were in Nov '16.

Hard to say where they are going from here, but they, like almost everyone else took a hit in last month's 'correction;.

As far as Dicks Sporting Goods, I've never been in one. I do go to Academy since it's closest sporting goods store to me over in Porter.


Image


Glad you posted that. I searched but couldn't find one that showed it
0 x

User avatar
snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 697
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:16 am
Location: ne oklahoma

Re: Dicks sporting goods

Postby snoopdog » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:10 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
Ryder wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Time to close the gun show loopholes as well.

I keep hearing about these gun show loopholes.
Just what is a guns show loophole?


I would like to know that myself.
I have to fill out the same paperwork at the gun show as at the local gun shop.
If you you buy it on the street I understand there is no paper trail cept the police report when it was most likely stolen.
There is only paperwork if buying /trading with a dealer , I don't recall the arbitrary number of transactions that puts you in the dealer class requiring you to have an FFL. Many at the shows though make a good living buying and selling , while circumventing licensing and paperwork, some of these guys are part of the problem literally selling to anyone with the gila, and no better than a street vendor . There is where the restriction , or calls for restriction comes in, from abuse. I don't think 2 lawful owners should be restricted from a private transaction , nor do I think that an estate with a collection should bear an unnecessary burden.
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11661
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Dicks sporting goods

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:58 am

greybeard wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Craig Miller wrote:
That's what target thought when they decided to allow men in women's bathrooms. Stock price fell. You should know that trader.

And now the price is highest it's been in over 2 years. Very little if any of this protest crap has any long term effects.

Not exactly. Not quite even quite back where they were in Nov '16.

Hard to say where they are going from here, but they, like almost everyone else took a hit in last month's 'correction;.

As far as Dicks Sporting Goods, I've never been in one. I do go to Academy since it's closest sporting goods store to me over in Porter.


Image


All major retailers are battling the Amazon Effect. Only gonna get tougher.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15481
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Alabama the Beautiful

Re: Dicks sporting goods

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:13 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
greybeard wrote:
TexasBred wrote:And now the price is highest it's been in over 2 years. Very little if any of this protest crap has any long term effects.

Not exactly. Not quite even quite back where they were in Nov '16.

Hard to say where they are going from here, but they, like almost everyone else took a hit in last month's 'correction;.

As far as Dicks Sporting Goods, I've never been in one. I do go to Academy since it's closest sporting goods store to me over in Porter.


Image


All major retailers are battling the Amazon Effect. Only gonna get tougher.

No doubt,, I do feel for the old mom and pop folks though...what few are left..
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..


Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ez14. and 5 guests