Mendelssohn to win

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17070
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Mendelssohn to win

Postby greybeard » Fri May 04, 2018 8:06 am

My pick to win the Derby.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Re: Mendelssohn to win

Postby jltrent » Fri May 04, 2018 11:45 am

I going with "Justify" and "My Boy Jack" second.
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1903
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Mendelssohn to win

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Fri May 04, 2018 2:08 pm

I'm going with Bravaso. If he's a winner, my girls will get to feed carrots to another champ.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

User avatar
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2462
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm
Location: Idaho

Re: Mendelssohn to win

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri May 04, 2018 5:08 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:I'm going with Bravaso. If he's a winner, my girls will get to feed carrots to another champ.

Is this horse owned by someone you know?

I know nothing of the contenders, and I never have. I don't follow it until the day of the race. I just hope that the race is close and fun to watch.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7601
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Mendelssohn to win

Postby Bright Raven » Fri May 04, 2018 7:06 pm

My favorite day of the year. My favorite sport event. Going to be in my recliner starting at 12 noon. Enjoying every minute.

Bolt d’Oro.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
bbirder
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 757
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:23 pm
Location: S. Louisiana

Re: Mendelssohn to win

Postby bbirder » Fri May 04, 2018 8:20 pm

I've got to pull for the local boys. The Desormeauxs with "My Boy Jack" and "Noble Indy" second if he breaks right. Fastest horse on the track.
0 x
"A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years. A bad climbing rope will last you a lifetime."

User avatar
FlyingLSimmentals
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1209
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Western Kentucky

Re: Mendelssohn to win

Postby FlyingLSimmentals » Fri May 04, 2018 9:00 pm

I'll go with "Hofburg".
0 x

torogmc81
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1121
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:37 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: Mendelssohn to win

Postby torogmc81 » Fri May 04, 2018 9:08 pm

Anyone know who won the KY Oaks this evening?

Was listening on radio but had to go feed and forgot to check back ....
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1903
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Mendelssohn to win

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Sat May 05, 2018 11:24 am

Bestoutwest wrote:
Farm Fence Solutions wrote:I'm going with Bravaso. If he's a winner, my girls will get to feed carrots to another champ.

Is this horse owned by someone you know?

I know nothing of the contenders, and I never have. I don't follow it until the day of the race. I just hope that the race is close and fun to watch.


We don't know the owners, but the pretty blonde that has worked him out the past month is a really good friend of ours. She always has some winners of her own, but D. Wayne and Bob Baffert use her quite a bit at the big shows. She also breezed American Pharoah, and that's how my wife and daughter were able to "meet" a tripple crown winner. I've been watching the pre-dawn workouts this week on Trackside Live, and it ought to be a good race.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

User avatar
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2462
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm
Location: Idaho

Re: Mendelssohn to win

Postby Bestoutwest » Sat May 05, 2018 1:46 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:
Farm Fence Solutions wrote:I'm going with Bravaso. If he's a winner, my girls will get to feed carrots to another champ.

Is this horse owned by someone you know?

I know nothing of the contenders, and I never have. I don't follow it until the day of the race. I just hope that the race is close and fun to watch.


We don't know the owners, but the pretty blonde that has worked him out the past month is a really good friend of ours. She always has some winners of her own, but D. Wayne and Bob Baffert use her quite a bit at the big shows. She also breezed American Pharoah, and that's how my wife and daughter were able to "meet" a tripple crown winner. I've been watching the pre-dawn workouts this week on Trackside Live, and it ought to be a good race.


That’s really cool! It’s amazing how six-degrees-of-separation we are from things.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

User avatar
Ryder
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5639
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:30 am
Location: Southeast Louisiana (Rep. of W. Fla.)

Re: Mendelssohn to win

Postby Ryder » Sat May 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Flameway
Doesn't cost anymore to lose on a longshot as it does on a favorite.
Look at the odds if he wins.
0 x
Ryder

Deo Vindice

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:25 pm

Re: Mendelssohn to win

Postby jehosofat » Sat May 05, 2018 6:03 pm

greybeard wrote:My pick to win the Derby.


Wrong.
0 x

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11749
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Mendelssohn to win

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat May 05, 2018 6:29 pm

jehosofat wrote:
greybeard wrote:My pick to win the Derby.


Wrong.


Lol
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7601
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Mendelssohn to win

Postby Bright Raven » Sat May 05, 2018 6:40 pm

Justify is going to be fun to follow.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1903
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Mendelssohn to win

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Sat May 05, 2018 6:48 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Justify is going to be fun to follow.


Didn't look like much fun to be behind him today.....
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison


Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests