Danica bids farewell............

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Re: Danica bids farewell............

Postby Bestoutwest » Tue May 29, 2018 1:20 pm

jehosofat wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:I hear she's taking up drag boat racing.

Beotch wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Way to bring the class....

I'd love to see you in any kind of car that you have to consistently drive into the corner at 220 and not hit anything. It looks so easy on TV, and the folks that do it are spectacular. While I'll agree she got too much attention for a mid- to lower-tier driver, to get to that level one must be pretty darn good. And all those guys wheeling a big old dirt late model around on a Sunday night wouldn't hold a candle to her in an Indy car or they'd be there already.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Tue May 29, 2018 1:24 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
jehosofat wrote:

I'd love to see you in any kind of car that you have to consistently drive into the corner at 220 and not hit anything. It looks so easy on TV, and the folks that do it are spectacular. While I'll agree she got too much attention for a mid- to lower-tier driver, to get to that level one must be pretty darn good. And all those guys wheeling a big old dirt late model around on a Sunday night wouldn't hold a candle to her in an Indy car or they'd be there already.

I would probably be the guy that you don't need to explain anything to about going fast. Ask around these boards and somebody will give you the answer.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue May 29, 2018 1:30 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
jehosofat wrote:

Inside joke Bestoutwest, you don't know who your talking about.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue May 29, 2018 1:36 pm

jehosofat wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:
jehosofat wrote:

I would probably be the guy that you don't need to explain anything to about going fast. Ask around these boards and somebody will give you the answer.

But you slow down as you age.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Tue May 29, 2018 1:43 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
jehosofat wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:

But you slow down as you age.

I do, but my motors don't. I got more money to spend on 65K motors now than I did when I was young . . . . . .lmao
0 x

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Tue May 29, 2018 4:00 pm

There were a lot better drivers out there, female and male, that could of used her sponsorship, and won more races. Just ain't as pretty, and didn't fit the mold.
0 x
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed May 30, 2018 10:24 am

sim.-ang.king wrote:There were a lot better drivers out there, female and male, that could of used her sponsorship, and won more races. Just ain't as pretty, and didn't fit the mold.

It's my understanding that you have to bring your own sponsorship anymore. There was a guy from Boise that drove for Petty for one season. His grandfather was some big shot at Albertson's grocery stores and his parents owned a very, very high end resort in McCall, ID. They sponsored his car. He didn't really produce well, but I wonder if the money dried up and he was gone b/c of that. It's a lot different than it was 25 years ago, that's for sure.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed May 30, 2018 10:26 am

jehosofat wrote:I would probably be the guy that you don't need to explain anything to about going fast. Ask around these boards and somebody will give you the answer.

Then what are your credentials? Outrunning the sheriff and jumping the creek, while hanging out with Daisy, every week doesn't count! :P
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:29 am

Bestoutwest wrote:
jehosofat wrote:I would probably be the guy that you don't need to explain anything to about going fast. Ask around these boards and somebody will give you the answer.

Then what are your credentials? Outrunning the sheriff and jumping the creek, while hanging out with Daisy, every week doesn't count! :P

All I will say is That he goes a heII of a lot faster than nascar and without any brakes or tires .
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed May 30, 2018 11:43 am

M-5 wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:

All I will say is That he goes a heII of a lot faster than nascar and without any brakes or tires .

Got a hint from a PI. I still like to think he's one of the Dukes. Makes it a bit more mysterious....
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Wed May 30, 2018 11:54 am

Bestoutwest wrote:
M-5 wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:

Got a hint from a PI. I still like to think he's one of the Dukes. Makes it a bit more mysterious....

More like Roscoe than Bo or luke
1 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Wed May 30, 2018 12:21 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:

I hang out with a couple of Daisy's, and outrun the Sheriff at least twice a week.
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Wed May 30, 2018 12:28 pm

M-5 wrote:All I will say is That he goes a heII of a lot faster than nascar and without any brakes or tires .

All the secrecy.... hmmm someone might be housing a missile for Kim Jong-un.
0 x

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Wed May 30, 2018 1:01 pm

0 x

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Wed May 30, 2018 3:04 pm