Every day Carry

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Re: Every day Carry

Postby kenny thomas » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:44 pm

Dave wrote:The one thing I know is that if I lived in an area as bad as described by some here, I would sell out and move very far away.

Kinda hard to sell everything, quit a job, leave everyone I know. Instead I am just prepared. I'm glad you live in a place you feel safe. It was like that here a few years ago. I think there are lots of places in the cities that are worse.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 pm

0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:59 am

kenny thomas wrote:
Dave wrote:The one thing I know is that if I lived in an area as bad as described by some here, I would sell out and move very far away.

Kinda hard to sell everything, quit a job, leave everyone I know. Instead I am just prepared. I'm glad you live in a place you feel safe. It was like that here a few years ago. I think there are lots of places in the cities that are worse.

Some of my family worry about us out here. Although its not bad at all, its just remote. Out here, if a car goes by we don't recognize, we see it. Someone drives by slow, we see it. In the city, someone drives by you don't know, you don't notice. If you don't know the people around you in your neighborhood, you have no idea what goes on in their house. Where I grew up, there were come kids living across the street. Everything seemed normal, although their parents were on the older side. Anywho, come to find out, they were abducted kids. The adults were their grandparents, but they took the kids away from their parents and were living under new names, stuff like you see in the movies. No one ever knew. My sister found one of them on FB and found out that way.
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:37 am

kenny thomas wrote:

I am in the process of doing just that right now. It wasn't the violence that seems to be an issue in the south. It was the population explosion and traffic that was occurring where I lived. I didn't have to quit a job, I retired. I sold the place, the cows, and a lot of other things. The kids and grandkids will be 8 hours away instead of a few minutes. Siblings will now be 10-11 hours away.
I tried to find the crime statistics for the county I am moving to. All I could find was for the only "city" in the county. The population of that town is about 9,000. That is about half the population for the entire county. The crime rate is pretty darn low. Since 2002 there have been 2 murders. I don't have to go packing in an area like that.
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:45 am

Not everyday, but I carry either a NAA .22 Mag or Kel-tec .380 for comfort and better than nothing. Some new neighbors I am not to familiar with so I hope no problems. Around the house I would like to get and install a camera system as that is on my bucket list just no got to it yet....

https://www.safety.com/surveillance-systems/

Here are pictures I found online to show size.......

0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:22 am

My NAA 22 mag is the one with the folding plastic grip with the clip. It's a lot better grip for me, doesn't feel like I'm going to drop the gun, and I can actually shoot and hit something with it.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:49 am

True Grit Farms wrote:My NAA 22 mag is the one with the folding plastic grip with the clip. It's a lot better grip for me, doesn't feel like I'm going to drop the gun, and I can actually shoot and hit something with it.

Here is mine as it may be similar to yours and I like the clip as not easy to lose that way. I also added a clip to my Keltec. Don't want to end up like the FBI guy a few days ago doing a back flip LOL and lose it.

0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:31 am

JL, that's exactly like my NAA. Have you ever patterned it with CCI snake shot? Mine has a 10 foot max range, some of the CCI shot doesn't even penetrate through both sides of a water bottle. My neighbor across the creek doesn't kill rattlesnakes, so I have to be prepared to take up the slack.
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:48 am

True Grit Farms wrote:JL, that's exactly like my NAA. Have you ever patterned it with CCI snake shot? Mine has a 10 foot max range, some of the CCI shot doesn't even penetrate through both sides of a water bottle. My neighbor across the creek doesn't kill rattlesnakes, so I have to be prepared to take up the slack.

Never have, but read your post earlier and may get some. Those little NAA .22 mags are more accurate than one would think especially with a little practice. I keep hollow points in mine and may not have the knock down power, but would be pretty deadly I bet.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:19 pm

jltrent wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:JL, that's exactly like my NAA. Have you ever patterned it with CCI snake shot? Mine has a 10 foot max range, some of the CCI shot doesn't even penetrate through both sides of a water bottle. My neighbor across the creek doesn't kill rattlesnakes, so I have to be prepared to take up the slack.

Never have, but read your post earlier and may get some. Those little NAA .22 mags are more accurate than one would think especially with a little practice. I keep hollow points in mine and may not have the knock down power, but would be pretty deadly I bet.

Supposedly the Hornady 22 mag 45 gr Critical Defense load has close to the same energy as a .380 ACP.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”