Every day Carry

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
callmefence
GURU
GURU

Re: Every day Carry

Postby callmefence » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Dogs and Cows wrote:
callmefence wrote:
Dogs and Cows wrote:
OK then...

Kinda joking Tim. Although I do consider it bad policy to tell the where and what of self defense. Sorry if I came across rude. Gotta start using those emojis again.
Grit I have trappers in just about every make. You just can't beat a case.

I figured fence...I wasn't meaning anything by it...just trying to get some info from actual people and not salesmen.

Hey at least we all know how many bangs before grit runs dry. That's gotta be good to know. ;-) :hide:
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:23 pm

okiek wrote:Springfield XDs

Good choice
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:42 pm

Dogs and Cows wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:I carry a sunny disposition with me everywhere I go.

This I can believe! HAHAHA

On a serious note, has your life been threatened? Are you fearful of someone or something? Do you travel to dangerous places at odd hours of the night? Are you being stalked?

I'm all for the right to keep and bear arms I've just never felt the need to tote one around with me.
1 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:53 pm

If I carried, it would be my full size Wilson Combat 1911, 45 ACP because if I feel threatened, I am going "offensive" and I am going to shoot the whole dam place up. Lol

If I expect snakes, I will be armed with my pillstrom tongs:

Made in Arkansas and invented by Lawrence Pillstrom:
0 x
Make America Happy Again

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:57 pm

Bright Raven wrote:If I carried, it would be my full size Wilson Combat 1911, 45 ACP because if I feel threatened, I am going "offensive" and I am going to shoot the whole dam place up. Lol

Those are absolutely worthless when working fence. Kinda like that Ruger 10-22 on the Mule 200 yards down the fence and you’re straddling a big rattlesnake.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:04 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:If I carried, it would be my full size Wilson Combat 1911, 45 ACP because if I feel threatened, I am going "offensive" and I am going to shoot the whole dam place up. Lol

Those are absolutely worthless when working fence. Kinda like that Ruger 10-22 on the Mule 200 yards down the fence and you’re straddling a big rattlesnake.

I can appreciate that. When you are in the act of finding snakes, like copperheads or rattlesnakes, you don't get caught off guard. But when they are the farthest thing from your mind, they are right under your feet or looking at you eye to eye only inches from your face.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:23 pm

A Wilson Combat EDC would make a nice addition to your collection. ;-)
1 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:33 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Dogs and Cows wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:I carry a sunny disposition with me everywhere I go.

On a serious note, has your life been threatened? Are you fearful of someone or something? Do you travel to dangerous places at odd hours of the night? Are you being stalked?

I'm all for the right to keep and bear arms I've just never felt the need to tote one around with me.

We all don't live a sheltered life, live in a gated community and have a bodyguard. I'd rather have one and not need one, than need one and not have one. Some folks plan on cutting and running, and some folks plan to stand their ground.
https://www.areavibes.com/nashville-tn/crime/ As long as it's someone else you'll be alright.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:41 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Dogs and Cows wrote:

We all don't live a sheltered life, live in a gated community and have a bodyguard. I'd rather have one and not need one, than need one and not have one. Some folks plan on cutting and running, and some folks plan to stand their ground.
https://www.areavibes.com/nashville-tn/crime/ As long as it's someone else you'll be alright.

You're precious Vince, don't you ever go losing that paranoid edge ya hear?
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:44 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Dogs and Cows wrote:

I am with TT on this. I never felt threatened to the point where I needed to go packing. And I have far from lived a sheltered life. I have lived and worked in some wild and woolly parts of Alaska and western Indian reservations. As for a gated community, there isn't even a gate on the driveway. And the wife would be my only bodyguard and she is so blind that she will empty a gun trying to hit a snake 5 feet away. I have been in serious knock down drag out fights and bar room brawls but I never felt the need to go packing. Other than hunting season the only times in my life I have packed a gun everyday were when I worked in brown bear country and cowboying in an area where I killed a snake or five everyday.
2 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:23 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

I can appreciate that. When you are in the act of finding snakes, like copperheads or rattlesnakes, you don't get caught off guard. But when they are the farthest thing from your mind, they are right under your feet or looking at you eye to eye only inches from your face.

What makes these Timber rattlers so bad is they don’t rattle. If he is rattling at you your in strike range. Their first defense is camouflage and they are good at it. There in lies the problem.
When I was about 12 at my aunts one bit her dog and my cousin while we were playing. The dog died and my cousin dang near did. His leg was messed up for life.
Timber rattlers have had my attention every since.
That is why I like the 357 with every other round snake shot.
1 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:54 pm

Threatened? I've been shot, run over and stabbed on different occasions, and I don't count misses. Been robbed and beat down by 3 Haitians with 2 sticks in the middle of the day in downtown Miami. Got pistol whipped by an old drunk and hit in the back of the head with a baseball bat by another, and sucker punched countless times. That was then and this is now, I'm 60 years old, lost my 70% of my strength on my left side, and have COPD. I will not and can't take another beat down because I think I'm tough. I still have a sledgehammer for a right hand, have the right to protect myself and my family, and refuse to cut and run or back down. I feel I'd be a dang fool not to be armed, I'll leave that to you guys.
CB, I hate snakes and kill every poisonous one I see. A bush ax or machete is my tool of choice, but I don't have one with me all the time.
1 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:06 pm

Grit I tried carrying everything you could think of on tractors or UTV. This Ruger SP101 is the best thing I have found, you virtually can put it in the dishwasher.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:43 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:Grit I tried carrying everything you could think of on tractors or UTV. This Ruger SP101 is the best thing I have found, you virtually can put it in the dishwasher.

I have a Ruger Service Six that I carry and hunt with during deer season sometimes. Are they the same gun different name?
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:52 pm

SP101 is a smaller frame than the old Security 6. It has a 5 round cylinder.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”