Every day Carry

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: Every day Carry

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:37 am

BTW: What do you think really happened to Jimmy Hoffa?
0 x
Make America Happy Again

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:41 am

Jimmy who?
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:42 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Jimmy who?

Hoffa. Maybe you are too young.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:56 am

Handguns are for laying down suppressive fire so you can get back to the truck and take care of bidness. ;-)
1 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:03 am

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:Handguns are for laying down suppressive fire so you can get back to the truck and take care of bidness. ;-)

Presactly
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:27 am

kenny thomas wrote:I carry a S&W 642 Airweight 38 special. When bear hunting also carry a Taurus 8" 44 mag in a shoulder holster.
I have been threatened, shot at, beat up and left for dead. No more. Im glad there are places that are safe but here is not one of them. Drugs are the danger here now.

I have a deep appreciation for your environment!

The drug folks here are not that much of a threat. 99.6 % are folks who are harmless even when on drugs which is most of the time. Most are very insecure and just want something to escape their miserable lives!

It is that .4 % that are absolutely monsters. All you got to do to prove it - watch Lexington news.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:48 am

The one thing I know is that if I lived in an area as bad as described by some here, I would sell out and move very far away.
2 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:59 am

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:Handguns are for laying down suppressive fire so you can get back to the truck and take care of bidness. ;-)

That's exactly right
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:I carry a S&W 642 Airweight 38 special. When bear hunting also carry a Taurus 8" 44 mag in a shoulder holster.
I have been threatened, shot at, beat up and left for dead. No more. Im glad there are places that are safe but here is not one of them. Drugs are the danger here now.

I have a deep appreciation for your environment!

The drug folks here are not that much of a threat. 99.6 % are folks who are harmless even when on drugs which is most of the time. Most are very insecure and just want something to escape their miserable lives!

It is that .4 % that are absolutely monsters. All you got to do to prove it - watch Lexington news.

Drugs are horrific here 9 out of 10 are just thieves.
It is the one that is bat shyt crazy and is dangerous when needing a fix.
Watch the Beaumont news any night for who got shot for 20 bucks.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:27 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Threatened? I've been shot, run over and stabbed on different occasions, and I don't count misses. Been robbed and beat down by 3 Haitians with 2 sticks in the middle of the day in downtown Miami. Got pistol whipped by an old drunk and hit in the back of the head with a baseball bat by another, and sucker punched countless times. That was then and this is now, I'm 60 years old, lost my 70% of my strength on my left side, and have COPD. I will not and can't take another beat down because I think I'm tough. I still have a sledgehammer for a right hand, have the right to protect myself and my family, and refuse to cut and run or back down. I feel I'd be a dang fool not to be armed, I'll leave that to you guys.
CB, I hate snakes and kill every poisonous one I see. A bush ax or machete is my tool of choice, but I don't have one with me all the time.

You ever sat down and thought " maybe it's me"...........
5 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:44 pm

callmefence wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Threatened? I've been shot, run over and stabbed on different occasions, and I don't count misses. Been robbed and beat down by 3 Haitians with 2 sticks in the middle of the day in downtown Miami. Got pistol whipped by an old drunk and hit in the back of the head with a baseball bat by another, and sucker punched countless times. That was then and this is now, I'm 60 years old, lost my 70% of my strength on my left side, and have COPD. I will not and can't take another beat down because I think I'm tough. I still have a sledgehammer for a right hand, have the right to protect myself and my family, and refuse to cut and run or back down. I feel I'd be a dang fool not to be armed, I'll leave that to you guys.
CB, I hate snakes and kill every poisonous one I see. A bush ax or machete is my tool of choice, but I don't have one with me all the time.

Lol. Now that is a challenging thought.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:45 pm

callmefence wrote:

I have never blamed anyone besides myself for my trials and tribulations. I've been blessed beyond belief and for some unknown reason luck has been very kind to me. My wife is definitely my better half and for some reason has always been able to calm me. Her faith and her faith in me has provided me with a future few can hope for.
2 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:46 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
callmefence wrote:

I have never blamed anyone besides myself for my trials and tribulations. I've been blessed beyond belief and for some unknown reason luck has been very kind to me. My wife is definitely my better half and for some reason has always been able to calm me. Her faith and her faith in me has provided me with a future few can hope for.

Well said!
0 x
Make America Happy Again

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:18 pm

I want to carry while on my 4wheeler. I had a gun rack on front, but the gun gets dirty and dusty there... What I want is a handgun riveted to the 4wheeler that my thigh will hide and protect from dust and dirt, yet be easy to grab if I need it quick. I ran up on some guys hog hunting, yet were trespassing...It was too late for me to turn around, my first defense, but I sped up to get around them. One of them flagged me down, so, I stopped once I past them so that I was moving away from them. One of them walked towards me...Every step I moved to keep a good distance. He wanted to know if I knew who owned the land they just walked off of..I said yes and left......lol...Gun would not have helped me if they had decided they needed a 4wheeler, they were all armed...Keeping my distance is my best defense...So sometimes I wonder if having a gun would help.. It would be more for shooting critters if I need to shoot a critter...
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:25 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:I want to carry while on my 4wheeler. I had a gun rack on front, but the gun gets dirty and dusty there... What I want is a handgun riveted to the 4wheeler that my thigh will hide and protect from dust and dirt, yet be easy to grab if I need it quick. I ran up on some guys hog hunting, yet were trespassing...It was too late for me to turn around, my first defense, but I sped up to get around them. One of them flagged me down, so, I stopped once I past them so that I was moving away from them. One of them walked towards me...Every step I moved to keep a good distance. He wanted to know if I knew who owned the land they just walked off of..I said yes and left......lol...Gun would not have helped me if they had decided they needed a 4wheeler, they were all armed...Keeping my distance is my best defense...So sometimes I wonder if having a gun would help.. It would be more for shooting critters if I need to shoot a critter...

Linda, taking your example - pulling a gun would probably have gotten you killed. Remember, a person who will harm you is not going to play fair.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”