laser on a gun

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

laser on a gun

Post by backhoeboogie » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:31 pm

Some folks here are work started telling me about the Piney laser. I mounted one on the side of my scope on the 22. Rolled it down on about a 55 degree angle putting it shining just above and to the left of the rifle bore. It makes it a little cumbersome to zero in since it is skewed, but I used the scope cross hairs and kept tweaking it until I got it dead center.

Varmints have been playing havoc on my chicken pens lately. That laser is amazing. I don't really aim much any more. Just put the green dot on them and squeeze. Their eyes glow green so it actually looks like a third eye when you put the dot between their eyes.

I've never used a laser before now but I am liking this little cheapo, after dark.
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Re: laser on a gun

Post by Brute 23 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:49 pm

They work great for the distance they are sighted in at. We use to build wooden holders and electrical tape them to our 30-30s for hunting hogs at night with dogs.
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Post by ga.prime » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:10 pm

I electrical taped a LED Tactical flashlite on the underside of the barrel of my 17hmr and zoomed it in as far as it goes and it works pretty great.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:28 pm

This is my favorite, just move it to the rifle I want to use.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10132 ... inum-matte
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:54 am

backhoeboogie wrote:Some folks here are work started telling me about the Piney laser. I mounted one on the side of my scope on the 22. Rolled it down on about a 55 degree angle putting it shining just above and to the left of the rifle bore. It makes it a little cumbersome to zero in since it is skewed, but I used the scope cross hairs and kept tweaking it until I got it dead center.

Varmints have been playing havoc on my chicken pens lately. That laser is amazing. I don't really aim much any more. Just put the green dot on them and squeeze. Their eyes glow green so it actually looks like a third eye when you put the dot between their eyes.

I've never used a laser before now but I am liking this little cheapo, after dark.

The dots don't work well on water tho...I have a cheap one on a 20 ga alongside a light.
It's close enough for 1/0 and beaver tho.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Post by wbvs58 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:28 am

I have a laser on my 22 and find it great for pigs, my dogs will bale the pigs up but don't really grab hold unless they are very small, I can shoot the 22 from the hip and put the dot behind the ear of the pig but the good thing is I have full vision of everything and can be confident I am not going to shoot my dogs. Looking through the scope you only have tunnel vision and can't be confident of knowing where the dogs are.

Ken