laser on a gun

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

laser on a gun

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:31 pm

Some folks here are work started telling me about the Piney laser. I mounted one on the side of my scope on the 22. Rolled it down on about a 55 degree angle putting it shining just above and to the left of the rifle bore. It makes it a little cumbersome to zero in since it is skewed, but I used the scope cross hairs and kept tweaking it until I got it dead center.

Varmints have been playing havoc on my chicken pens lately. That laser is amazing. I don't really aim much any more. Just put the green dot on them and squeeze. Their eyes glow green so it actually looks like a third eye when you put the dot between their eyes.

I've never used a laser before now but I am liking this little cheapo, after dark.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Re: laser on a gun

Postby Brute 23 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:49 pm

They work great for the distance they are sighted in at. We use to build wooden holders and electrical tape them to our 30-30s for hunting hogs at night with dogs.
1 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:10 pm

I electrical taped a LED Tactical flashlite on the underside of the barrel of my 17hmr and zoomed it in as far as it goes and it works pretty great.
2 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:28 pm

This is my favorite, just move it to the rifle I want to use.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10132 ... inum-matte
1 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:54 am

backhoeboogie wrote:Some folks here are work started telling me about the Piney laser. I mounted one on the side of my scope on the 22. Rolled it down on about a 55 degree angle putting it shining just above and to the left of the rifle bore. It makes it a little cumbersome to zero in since it is skewed, but I used the scope cross hairs and kept tweaking it until I got it dead center.

Varmints have been playing havoc on my chicken pens lately. That laser is amazing. I don't really aim much any more. Just put the green dot on them and squeeze. Their eyes glow green so it actually looks like a third eye when you put the dot between their eyes.

I've never used a laser before now but I am liking this little cheapo, after dark.

The dots don't work well on water tho...I have a cheap one on a 20 ga alongside a light.
It's close enough for 1/0 and beaver tho.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:28 am

I have a laser on my 22 and find it great for pigs, my dogs will bale the pigs up but don't really grab hold unless they are very small, I can shoot the 22 from the hip and put the dot behind the ear of the pig but the good thing is I have full vision of everything and can be confident I am not going to shoot my dogs. Looking through the scope you only have tunnel vision and can't be confident of knowing where the dogs are.

Ken
1 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”