Finished

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Finished

Postby greybeard » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:43 am

backhoeboogie wrote:
Carpenter2n wrote:why do you call it hunting?

Mostly because I don't like getting that call to go find a gut shot deer the city boys were chasing. Stand hunting is one shot, no waste.

CB mine are steel. 20 foot legs. I lay them up in the dump trailer with the box hanging out the top and use the hydraulics to get them up about 60%. Then they pull right on up easily. You need a back tie in case someone pulls too hard.

I drive T posts deep at the bases so that the wind doesn't topple them. So far I have been lucky.

Carpeted floor and walls holds down noise. Remnants work perfect.

I don't know how long the legs are, but there's one just like that sitting on my place..belonged to my brother. Anchored down with teeposts too. I think it has a wood floor tho.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:38 am

Caustic Burno wrote:Got all the grandkids set up in their own stand. That makes 6 box stands.

My granddaddy took me out deer hunting. It was a coming of age thing. He handed me a board and pointed to a "good tree"

It must be really nice to have box stands like that when you are just getting started. CB you are spoiling them.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:58 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:Got all the grandkids set up in their own stand. That makes 6 box stands.

My granddaddy took me out deer hunting. It was a coming of age thing. He handed me a board and pointed to a "good tree"

It must be really nice to have box stands like that when you are just getting started. CB you are spoiling them.

Got that right.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”