I will not buy Nikes.........

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29700
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: I will not buy Nikes.........

Postby TexasBred » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:08 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Nike's stock has fully recovered and gained since the ad campaign came out.

It will turn out to be a clever marketing strategy in the long run.

I'm a New Balance guy.

I'm a Tecovas guy.


So is every Mexican in the country.Not bad though for a Mexican made boot.
1 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11813
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: I will not buy Nikes.........

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:22 pm

TexasBred wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Nike's stock has fully recovered and gained since the ad campaign came out.

It will turn out to be a clever marketing strategy in the long run.

I'm a New Balance guy.

I'm a Tecovas guy.


So is every Mexican in the country.Not bad though for a Mexican made boot.


You mean to say my ultra right wing gun toting, flag waving, shoot 'em behind the ear, America First, MAGA buddy runs around in Mexican made boots?

Sad day for me.
2 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7794
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: I will not buy Nikes.........

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:47 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:I'm a Tecovas guy.


So is every Mexican in the country.Not bad though for a Mexican made boot.


You mean to say my ultra right wing gun toting, flag waving, shoot 'em behind the ear, America First, MAGA buddy runs around in Mexican made boots?

Sad day for me.

Beats Chinese, by far the best boots for the $money.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5366
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: I will not buy Nikes.........

Postby Son of Butch » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:54 am

Nike hit all time high yesterday at $85 I saw an analyst on tv put a buy rating on it with a target of $100
0 x

User avatar
1982vett
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8501
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:57 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: I will not buy Nikes.........

Postby 1982vett » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:31 am

Son of Butch wrote:Nike hit all time high yesterday at $85 I saw an analyst on tv put a buy rating on it with a target of $100

That analyst is ready to sell..... :)
0 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17246
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: I will not buy Nikes.........

Postby greybeard » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:05 pm

I've never bought any of the "haute couture" tennis type shoes/sports shoes/athletic footwear/or whatever the latest New Age/hipster/cityboy/5th Avenue term for them is. No Nikes, no underarmour, no addidas or any of the rest of that overpriced "look at me' crap.
Not, a slave to fashion or form.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4898
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: I will not buy Nikes.........

Postby callmefence » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:46 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
So is every Mexican in the country.Not bad though for a Mexican made boot.


You mean to say my ultra right wing gun toting, flag waving, shoot 'em behind the ear, America First, MAGA buddy runs around in Mexican made boots?

Sad day for me.

Beats Chinese, by far the best boots for the $money.


Comfortable boots but Don't hold up worth a dang. Probably ok to wear to the office but I'll pass.
1 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29700
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: I will not buy Nikes.........

Postby TexasBred » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:43 pm

greybeard wrote:I've never bought any of the "haute couture" tennis type shoes/sports shoes/athletic footwear/or whatever the latest New Age/hipster/cityboy/5th Avenue term for them is. No Nikes, no underarmour, no addidas or any of the rest of that overpriced "look at me' crap.
Not, a slave to fashion or form.

GB you mean you don't have a pair of 50 year old Chuck Taylor endorsed "Converse Allstar" tennis shoes?? lolol
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7794
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: I will not buy Nikes.........

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:02 pm

callmefence wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
You mean to say my ultra right wing gun toting, flag waving, shoot 'em behind the ear, America First, MAGA buddy runs around in Mexican made boots?

Sad day for me.

Beats Chinese, by far the best boots for the $money.


Comfortable boots but Don't hold up worth a dang. Probably ok to wear to the office but I'll pass.

They have a new suede waterproof boot that I'm going to try. I'm not capable of putting my boots through what you do. I'm debating on having foot surgery to relieve the pain. Getting old really stinks and sometimes I wonder if it's really better than the alternative.
The Golden Years have come at last.

I cannot see.
I cannot pee.
I cannot chew.
I cannot screw.
My memory shrinks.
My hearing stinks.
No sense of smell.
I look like be nice.
My body is drooping.
I have trouble pooping.
The Golden Years have come at last.
The Golden Years . . . can kiss my be nice.
2 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17246
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: I will not buy Nikes.........

Postby greybeard » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:20 am

TexasBred wrote:
greybeard wrote:I've never bought any of the "haute couture" tennis type shoes/sports shoes/athletic footwear/or whatever the latest New Age/hipster/cityboy/5th Avenue term for them is. No Nikes, no underarmour, no addidas or any of the rest of that overpriced "look at me' crap.
Not, a slave to fashion or form.

GB you mean you don't have a pair of 50 year old Chuck Taylor endorsed "Converse Allstar" tennis shoes?? lolol

Never heard of either one by name...that I remember.
About 50 years ago, I was wearing a completely different kind of lighter more comfortable high top footwear..not terribly fashionable, they were 2 tone tho.

They have a new suede waterproof boot that I'm going to try. I'm not capable of putting my boots through what you do. I'm debating on having foot surgery to relieve the pain

I have a pair of what seem to be some kind of insulated suede type material on the uppers. Rocky brand. They do seem like the uppers might tear pretty easy, but by far the most comfortable rubber boot I ever wore, slip right on and off easy and I have a left foot that swells and shrinks back down at will because of an old snakebite and that's the leg they took the vein from for my heart bypass....it has poor circulation. This will be my 2nd winter with them. They run anywhere from $20 on the low end up to $150 for better insulated ones.

Image
Image
Mine are # RKYS076

You may be a lot harder on footwear than I am tho.
Last edited by greybeard on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29700
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: I will not buy Nikes.........

Postby TexasBred » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:23 pm

greybeard wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
greybeard wrote:I've never bought any of the "haute couture" tennis type shoes/sports shoes/athletic footwear/or whatever the latest New Age/hipster/cityboy/5th Avenue term for them is. No Nikes, no underarmour, no addidas or any of the rest of that overpriced "look at me' crap.
Not, a slave to fashion or form.

GB you mean you don't have a pair of 50 year old Chuck Taylor endorsed "Converse Allstar" tennis shoes?? lolol

Never heard of either one by name...that I remember.
About 50 years ago, I was wearing a completely different kind of lighter more comfortable high top footwear..not terribly fashionable, they were 2 tone tho.


https://www.nike.com/t/converse-chuck-7 ... hoe-xJQLhX
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

ddd75
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2225
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:47 am
Location: KY

Re: I will not buy Nikes.........

Postby ddd75 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:38 am

August 31 = $82.20

That weekend they announce the new campaign.

September 4th = $79.60

September 21st = $85.55

October 22nd = $73.03


lol
0 x

AdamsCreek
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:06 pm
Location: Oklahoma 918

Re: I will not buy Nikes.........

Postby AdamsCreek » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:25 am

You left out the part where the whole market fell 1300 points
0 x


Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests